Mia, the eldest 'not so little', grand daughter over in Germany just celebrated her 14th Birthday. It only seems like yesterday when she was a little tot!
Mia is still very much into dancing and I used a 'pre-loved' stamp set, bought from a de-cluttering FB group, for her card - I just love the pure joy of the dancing figure:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank
- snippet of white card onto which I stamped the dancing figure from SU's fabulous 'Beautiful You' set of stamps - using the Misti and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad
- dotty patterned paper from Dovecraft's 'Back to Basics 11' paper pack in lilac and soft green, the green was snippets and also cut into a whole sheet of lilac
- next stamped the dancing figure onto a snippet of the dotty green using the Misti and Memento 'Tuxedo Black', fussy cut it and edged right round the cut edge, sideways on, with a black Whisper pen
- used a glue pen to adhere the fussy cut dress and hat portion of the figure onto the white panel
- then, and only then, did I die cut the image panel using a Creative Dies 'square 'Wonky Stitches' die
- used SU's 'Certainly Celery' for all the plain green 'frames', again - one snippet and then cut into a whole sheet
- first layer onto the card was a slightly smaller piece of 'Certainly Celery' as the main 'frame'
- then backed the image panel with a slightly bigger frame of 'Certainly Celery' and set it aside
- trimmed a piece of the lilac dotty paper to just a bit smaller than the green frame and popped a strip of green dotty paper over the lower area to 'pull' the image and rest of the card together. I glued it in place and then trimmed off the excess from the back
- then I took the second try at a stamped sentiment, from the same set - which in truth had stamped way to heavily at first attempt, just below the dancing figure, sob - thankfully before I actually decided on the die cutting size and shape
- die cut the sentiment, using a very useful 'flag' shaped die from the MFT 'Mini Mail' set of dies
- then used the waste from the die cut 'flag' to draw around the inside edge onto green card and trim/fussy cut to just a bit bigger than the sentiment - making sure I didn't chop the longer end too short
- glued the image panel in place followed by the layered sentiment 'flag'
- mused for ages and just couldn't find a lilac gem to match so settled for a Lucy's Little Things 'Bubbles' domed embellishment as a change from a white pearl, glued in place using Glossy Accents, as a finishing touch
I do so love this stamp set of SU's and will certainly use it more frequently. It has three 'figures' in total and each one lends itself to paper piecing. Plus lots of lovely sentiments.
I'm linking into Darnell's current NBUS challenge #31 - it was a first outing for me using my 'Beautiful You' stamp set, and possibly only its second ever outing (the previous owner had only used it once).
Love the colours Di, I also have bought this set as a pre-loved. It is one of my favourite SU setsReplyDelete
Adorable card, and a sweet card that any teen granddaughter would love!ReplyDelete
I am sure she will just love it, I too have a grand daughter that will be 14 next month, I sure miss her being little.ReplyDelete
Beautiful card Di, perfect for a young lady. I love how you’ve paper pieced the image. xxReplyDelete
What a great card, sure Mia will love it. Very pretty colours.ReplyDelete
An exquisite card Di - and perfect for a 14 yr oldReplyDelete
A fantastic card Di. I'm sure that Mia will love it.ReplyDelete
This card is gorgeous Di Mia will love it l like the dancing image and so nice to read Mia is into her dancing too xxReplyDelete
Beautiful card love the polka dots, great paper piecing. love that set and haven't used it much either, thanks for the inspiration to dig it out. (p.s. change the colour of gems with alcohol markers)ReplyDelete
Ooh this is so beautiful! The image is wonderful and the dotty papers and colours are gorgeous! My eye op was cancelled due to lack of beds! Not happy! Take care. Hugs my friend. xxxReplyDelete
This is a beautiful arty image and perfect for Mia and love the two complementary dotty papers for the background and the dress and hat, also the wonky stitches mat looks great too Di. xReplyDelete
What a lovely personalized design for the dancing Mia, Di! I used to have that set and now wish I had kept it. I love the classic mat design, the pretty colors, and the great use of pp! Cool save on the sediment. Thank you for sharing again at NBUS! Hugs, DarnellReplyDelete
Hi Di this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs JackieReplyDelete
That’s a lovely card for a teenage dancer. Great matting, layering and paper piecing.ReplyDelete
Hugs, Sarn xxx
Love the colours you used, Di - they are so appealing to the eye! And such a perfect image for a girl who loves to dance!ReplyDelete
Awww what a gorgeous card Di, I'm sure your granddaughter adored it. Such a sweet image and I love how you coordinated all your dotty papers. It's unbelievable how quickly they grow up!!! My nephew just turned 18 and we were telling him about how excited we all were the night he was born - it honestly only feels like it was last week!!!ReplyDelete
Love this stamp and suits all ages. A gorgeous card Di and the papers are brilliant colours too. Hugs, Carol S.xxxReplyDelete
A very sweet card for your grand daughter Mia's birthday! She surely will love it so much!ReplyDelete
Hugs and cuddles to Dudley!
I love everything single thing about this card, from the wonky stitched detail to the dotted paper and fun paper piecing. What a wonderful card for a young teen who loves to dance!ReplyDelete
A Stunning card Di. Mia will love it I'm sure.ReplyDelete
Beautiful card, Di. Time really does speed by xoxoReplyDelete
Beautiful card love the colours! She will adore it xxReplyDelete
This is a perfect card for a 14 year old girl who loves dancing! This is a beautiful set from SU and I love the paper piecing of her dress, the dotty papers in green and blue are just beautiful together. Hugs, BrendaReplyDelete
Beautifully done. I have had this stamp set since release since I had to have it. I still love it and yet it has not seen ink!ReplyDelete
Fab creation - love especially those polka dots but also the color scheme and the simple overall (like always on your cards) are much to my taste. And the image is perfect for a young dancer.ReplyDelete