Literally months ago, I started making some cards to use as notelets, to send with prizes or 'just because'. I recently finished making the last ones, 10 all the same:
- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- piece of white card covered with Altenew 'Painted Fantasy' washi tape, then trimmed to 4" x 4"
- wrapped a strip of plain vellum across the lower part of the panel, using red line tape to adhere it to the back
- die cut the word 'because' out of gold mirri card - using a 'because' die by Lil'Inker Designs (bought in a sale when they announced they were closing down)
- added the die cut 'because' to the vellum using a glue pen
- mounted the panel onto a marginally bigger square of SU's 'Certainly Celery' card, using Collall All Purpose glue
- mounted those panels onto a marginally bigger square of gold mirri card
- and finally added the completed panel to the card front - finito!
The light here was dreadful when I took this photo - but, I suddenly remembered that the desk lamp I bought about a year ago not only dims but the 'warmth' adjusts in steps as, well from crisp daylight white to a cosy warm setting. I keep meaning to ask Len how that works - but it's jolly useful. I generally like a warm light if I'm not taking a photo, colouring or matching stuff and it's great to have the option.
I've seen folk using vellum on top of bold patterns and wanted to have a go for ages. And right now am crackers (who just said 'we know you are'?) over so many of the lovely wide washi tapes on the market.
I'd like to add this card into Darnell's current NBUS challenge #31 HERE. The washi tape and the sentiment were having their first outing - and my card was inspired by a card Darnell sent to me for my Birthday, last September! See, I don't rush into things very often.
Speaking of rushing, my comments are lagging, even for Challenge #412 and I do so apologise, but with good reason in some ways. I was given a super (hinted at, I cannot lie) Gemini Junior die cutting/embossing machine for my Birthday by Len a few weeks ago. I think the agonised moans and groans using the Cuttlebug from in here helped! So, have been clearing out bookcase shelves to make space for either the machine as a die cutting dedicated space and/or some reorganising in the craft room.
Today, Monday, I posted several books onto a local Facebook free 'give or need' (they call it a 'whisking' site) - and they went just like that, clicks fingers in a snappy fashion! I now have a direct link with the lady concerned and she will take all the books we wish to give and she will either keep, re-offer for free on a whisking site or take them to local charity shops. She never resorts to recycling or landfill so it's a win, win for us - even IF she does sell some of them on, and I do know that some are slightly more rare/valuable ones. I'm getting more SPACE to play, and that's worth a lot of money in my 'book'! Snigger - that pun just popped out, I promise!! So, if I'm a bit quiet - that's the bombshell that just landed in my lap and I really can't let the chance pass.