Sunday 20 October 2019

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #362 - results

Crumbs, that week went fast! It's been very damp here and we're so glad we weren't away this past week.

Aiming to do a pretty quick post today (Saturday) as chores seem to have built up a bit - I think the dull weather and a few appointments during the week had something to do with it.

Let's get going with this fortnight's picks and first of all, we have another *Gold Star* pick this fortnight, and it's another stunning make:
I think this is utterly fabulous! It's a mini album and only 3" x 3". The only way to see it properly is to hop over to Jenny's blog, it's truly worth a visit! There's so much wonderful work, detail and love been put into making this album - well done Jenny and do feel free to take the *Gold Star* button from my RH side bar!

As always, it was so hard to select just three picks from all your lovely entries - but here they are:
This is such a brilliant way to use up snippety strips of patterned paper as a Bargello background - brought to share with us by Carol L. I love how well it's all been co-ordinated and the smiley pumpkin is so cute.

Each year we're inundated with Halloween callers. Last year, Dudley was so small that he didn't react much but this year I suspect he'll be more territorial - with a good few 'woofs' thrown in for luck.

Lia made this adorable Christmas card, using loads of white and sparkly snippets. Such a cute scene and a Christmas card that anyone would be delighted to receive. Wonderful depth too, you feel like you could just walk into the scene!

Sorry to remind you again that Christmas is looming, but most of us are beginning to thinking ahead and make Christmas cards, bags and tags. Heather shared these lovely tags with us - with backgrounds made from snippet strips - and I love them! Even cleverer is the fact that many of the strips have been saved from paper pads which have a perforated line along the top, which means you're left with a strip of the same paper you just tore off, but with a hole in the middle. Heather saves those then used them to make little things like these cute tags - clever idea!

So, that's my picks for this time around and I do hope they've given you some inspiration for ways in which you can use up some of those snippets.. 

We had 53 entries and two new Playmates this time round. 

Time now for the prize draw which is for a Lawn Fawn 'Sea-Horsin' Around' set of stamps with matching dies - plus a Sugar Pea 'Waves' stencil , and the winner is:
Alice (ScrAPamondo)
 
Well done Alice! Please send me your address, with your full name at the top as well so I can copy and paste or just write straight from the email onto the envelope - for speed and ease. It's also confirmation that you still would like the prize of course and I'll post your prize once I hear from you. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #363 - you can find it HERE. The bumper prize is a Lawn Fawn 'Manatee-rific' set of stamps with matching dies - plus a Lawn Fawn 'Bayou Backdrop' set of dies'.
And yes, Len did love the snippets card I made for his Birthday using both sets - and he also sends big thanks for all your Birthday wishes as well. x

I do have a quick photo of Dudley to share - although it's quite similar to one I posted that was taken whilst we were at the cottage. I've said before that his 'look out point' is at the top of the stairs here - sometimes one step down and sometimes on the landing itself - right where I have to step over him as I go in and out of my craft room needless to say. We refer to him being 'on guard duty', but judging by his pose when Len took a quick photo on Friday, Dudley's definition of 'guard duty' is somewhat different to ours:


Perhaps we ought to refer to him as 'The Hampshire Flasher'!

Dudley is in for a surprise this coming Thursday when we take him to a new groomer who, we hope, will scissor cut him into his puppy cut (aka a Teddy Bear cut) in between trips to our more local grooming salon. It's really difficult to find groomers who even know what a Havanese dog is, something I know another friend has struggled with. We do trim his face, top of his head and around his eyes but neither of us is competent enough the do 'The Full Monty' - let alone touch his nails! Thankfully, this new lady we're trying is based about 20 minutes away from us and already has some Havanese 'on her books'. What I like is that she only takes in one dog at a time whereas bigger salons will have several dogs being groomed at once and in between times they're kept in cages. Hopefully it'll be less stressful all round - although I have to say he's loads better than he used to be. Watch this space folks!

Love from Parsnip, a sleepy wave from Dudley - and of course hugs as always from me,






25 comments:

  1. Oh what a cute picture of Dudley! Just wish I could put my hands on that soft fur! Hope the grooming goes well--always scary to have someone new!
    The picks are truly inspiring--congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to those being showcased and especially to Jenny on achieving a gold star. But Dudley has stolen the show! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd already spotted this lovely little album on Jenny's blog - great that she has a gold star for it. Loving the seasonal picks as well. Hope all goes well at the groomers this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fabulous picks! Gorgeous mini album, just adore the snowpeople scene, and great tips with the strips too. Can't wait to see Dudley's new haircut xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So content Dudley looks he’s gorgeous as are your picks Di stunning they are and congrats to Jenny on her gold star and the winner enjoy prize xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winners, your work is stunning!
    Yes Di, I think the Hampshire Flasher is a more appropriate title, rather than guard dog :). Hope the trip to the new groomer goes well for you all, not just Dudley.
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful selection of projects, Jenny's album is fabulous, well done to everyone your designs are beautifully done, and congratulations to Alice on winning the fabulous Lawn Fawn gifts. Good luck with little Dudley at the Groomers, Kate x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats everyone. Dudley looks well relaxed. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great picks and another wonderful 'gold star' make by Jenny, and congratulations to Alice for winning the wonderful prize this time, and also another lovely photo of Dudley laying in his favourite spot. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miss Di and the loveley Parsnip and also cutie Dudley,
    thank you so much for my Gold Star award I am truly honoured by this.
    I made afew more of those books, but my Great Granddsughters saw them before I photographed them and asked for them and who could say no to them.
    Congrats to Alice on her win and also congrats to the wonderful featured picks they were all brilliant.
    I am always so impressed with the excellent way others use up their Snippets too.
    Love cutie photo od Dudley he sure is a sweetie.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful choices and such great cards for your picks. I think guard dog is a misnomer for sure! But a darling picture. I just went back and watched the "zoomie" video and laughed at his antics. What a great time he had!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks! I love those tags! Congrats to the winner and good luck Dudley! Maddie has her appointment on the 23rd and we luckily found a groomer that hand cuts her so she keeps her fluff and doesn't get that shaved bug eyed look!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow- oh, WOW!!!! I can't believe that I have won the yummy Lawn Fawn and Sugar Pea prizes!! :D Happy dance!!! I'm very lucky!! Thank you both Di and Mr Random!! :D
    So so happy for this, love those cute seahorses and the waves stencil!! I will send you my address quickly!
    Big congrats to all the top picks and to the Gold Star, how lovely projects!
    I always find a lot of inspirations to use my scraps, here! :D
    Hope that the grooming will be less stressful for the poor Dudley! How sweet and cute in the photo! :D He always melts my heart!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous picks and a well deserved Gold Star for Jenny too.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous gold star and top picks and congratulations to Alice! Gorgeous pic of the lovely Dudly. Looking forward to seeing him after his trim! Hugs my friend xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post, some lovely image and photo's.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for picking my tags, Di! I love making them so much and it's such a great way to use those snippets!! I still think this is one of my favorite challenges and it is always a good inspiration for using snippets instead of always grabbing the new stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOL at the Hampshire Flasher! :) Too cute how he guards the house for you! Hah! Congrats to my sweet friend Alice on her win and I hope she finds some extra time to play with her new winnings! Thanks for including my card among the great notables this week - I'm in some very special and talented company :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful picks, Di. Congrats to Jenny with a well deserved gold star honours and to Alice with her prize winnings.
    And last but not least, hello to adorable Dudley! 😉💕

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pics Di, I don't know how you pick from all the entries, but you always get some unique ones to pick from. Love them all, especially Jenny's mini, mini album. Love the photo of Dudley, he looks nice and relaxed. lol Sometimes they fall down on their guard duties. lol I love the flasher thing. Bret rescued a puppy, another mini aussie, oh my, please Lord give me strength! He is a cutie and very laid back, so that is a good thing. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well done on the winners, Dudley sure is a star lol, good luck with the new groomer,

    Lilian b



    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow, you have chosen my card as a top pick and I am sooo glad about that! It was so much fun making this card with snippets out of the snippetbox!
    Have a great day!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I thought I was the only one who saved those top strips of dp with holes in them! LOL But I never thought to use them on tags. Great idea, Heather, and adorable tags. Congrats to all the top picks & winner.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What wonderful makes and some useful tips as always at your blog Di!
    I don't know what you mean about your idea of a guard dog being different to Dudley's - one tiny rustle of a crisp packet and he'd be alert in a whisker!
    Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Happy Dance to the winner! Yeah! Enjoy your prize!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.