Sunday 7 April 2019

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #348 - results

As so many of you say, the weeks seem to just fly past right now - no sooner have I written one Playground post it seems to be time for another one! Keeps me out of mischief though:)

Let's get straight on with the fortnight's picks:
I really love these pretty Easter cards, made by Heidi. The stamp she used is lovely and totally lends itself to paper piecing to use up a few snippets. Great Spring colours as well!

 
It's never too soon to make Christmas cards and this one is just stunning! Helen brought it to share - and I think it's so elegant. Snippets of gold, and also a snippet of kraft card for the stag - absolutely gorgeous design!

Robyn made this fabulous card and the freshness, as well as that wonderful fuchsia, just called out to me! You must go and read how Robyn made the card - there are a few very neat tricks there such as colouring onto the stamp with water colour pencils (something I've never thought of doing, markers yes but not pencils). And the way Robyn added the sentiment circle is also very clever.

I just love the Playground for new ideas  and techniques to try out! 

Let's also welcome two new playmates as well:
Chandini (and our first set of twins in the Playground as well!)
Hi there girls, so glad you came to play and we do hope you come back again soon!
So, we had two (three really) new playmates this time and a total of 67 entries. I'm so happy that numbers are really healthy - and of course that you're using up some of those dreaded snippets!

Now it's prize draw time, and our winner of the Clearly Besotted 'Hoppy Easter, set of stamps and matching dies is:


I'm pretty sure that Janice is a big fan of 'Clearly Besotted', so this should make her smile a lot when she finds out! Please send me your address Janice, with your full name at the top as well so I can copy and paste or just write straight from the email onto the envelope - for speed and ease. It's also confirmation that you still would like the prize of course and I'll post your prize once I hear from you. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always and I'll post the prize off to you ASAP this coming week.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #349 - you can find it HERE. The prize is an MFT 'Stitched Diagonal Cover Up die' and an Impression Obsession 'Thanks' die.

And, a few people have commented that they wouldn't attempt to line the stripes up as I did on my 'sample snippets card' for challenge #349. The thing is, that's exactly why I lay in bed pondering just how it could be done to always work without fail. And, by following my little instructions below that card - I promise you it WILL always work. Basically you're cutting the sentiment die in exactly the right place, every single time! In a way, it's a bit like cutting a sentiment into a patterned piece of paper to make a 'camouflage' card. And those always line up perfectly don't they?

Afraid there's no new photo of Dudley this time round. He's booked in for a grooming session on Thursday so I'll try to take a photo - once he's back home looking all freshly bathed and groomed.

The hedgies are still visiting each night, and somehow they've avoided being around when Dudley goes out for night time toilet trips - amazing really, but no doubt it'll happen as time goes on.

And lastly, I'm almost back to how I was before the dreaded gout - hooray! My GP has agreed that I need to go onto preventative medication, after giving things a further month to totally settle down. Phew - although it isn't infallible, it's the best option there is.

As always, Parsnip and Dudley send their love, and so do I of course! 






17 comments:

  1. Congratulations to the winner and Top picks.

    Glad to hear you're getting back to normal. Or the new normal for awhile. I'm praying it'll be better each week until you don't have to take any medicine.

    We need a before and and after glamor shot of Dudley. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picks are truly inspiring this week, Di! Congrats to the lucky winner! So glad you feel back to normal & hope the preventive medicine keeps you from ever being so miserable again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to Janice and the Top picks!!
    So glad you feel better, hope that you finally will resolve your health problems!
    Hugs ...and cuddles to the charming Dudley! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always lovely to see what everyone makes, there's inspiration everywhere. Congrats to those lovely winners and their creativity. I wasn't sure my latest make would make the snippets grade this time round Di and as I have had to take a little time away I thought i'd take a back seat.
    It's lovely to know those hedgies are still coming to visit :)) Best of all it's good to know you are on the mend at last, bodies are fabulous at letting us know when we need to take control and there is no shame on looking after ourselves especially when like yourself you give so much to others.
    Take good care Di & have a super Sunday.. Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to this week's prize winner.

    Lovely showcased cards Di.

    Pleased you're continuing to make a good recovery.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, thank you so much Di, that is such a lovely prize, and yes I love Clearly Besotted products! I will pop an email over to you.
    Congratulations to the other ladies, such super makes and inspiration.
    Good to hear you are feeling so much better too.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done to all..super work.I am so glad you are better Di, what a nasty bout that was and I agree some prophylactic medicine seems very indicated for you!Have a lovely week ahead. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful showcased snippety makes again this time Di, and congratulations to Janice for winning the great prize. I am so pleased that you are free of pain now and hope the preventative remedy keeps it at bay, and looking forward to seeing Dudley after his primping session. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the lucky winner and top picks. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super post Di and some lovely picks, congratulations to all.
    Glad to hear that you are back to normal, oh no, that gives us something more to worry about!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big thanks Di for my 'pat on the back', congrats to the other card makers and so glad to read you're feeling lots better - take care and enjoy your week

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good to hear you are finally on the mend, been a long haul. Beautiful set of cards, great inspiration. Emmax

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for featuring my cards! It is quite the compliment!!!! I always enjoy these posts, and your challenge, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great picks Di and many congratulations to the winner great to read your back to full speed l hear the pain can be so dreadful hopefully all will get sorted and then you will be free of it love to Dudley and parsnip enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. The weeks certainly do fly by and leave me in the dust too Di! I can't even keep up anymore. Not good! You are doing better than me though, so yay for you! Great picks Di, and congrats to the winner! Always happy to hear that there are new playmates as well. I am so happy to hear that you are almost back to how you were before the dreaded gout! I am also happy to hear that you are going to go onto a preventative medication. You don't need this long of being down again! Dudley wants to play now that the weather is getting nicer I'm sure! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks so much for choosing my card among the picks for the last challenge - what a lovely surprise!
    Congrats to Janice and the other picks!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.