It's been a long haul recently as you no doubt know (sigh) and making Easter cards wasn't the easiest of things to do. I have loads of Easter goodies but somehow felt a huge lack of enthusiasm. Possibly, it's because I only make very few Easter cards anyhow, but I came up with a fairly simple design which I used to make four very similar cards - only one of which you need to see:
- 5.5" x 4.25" off white card blank - chosen as the image has a soft look about it and I thought pure white would be too harsh
- Penny Black 'Oh Spring' Stickeroos - popped onto snippets of white card and then trimmed down to suit (daffodils on all four that I made). To be honest these are among my very least favourite Stickeroos ever in terms of usable images - so I only picked a few out
- snippet of SU 'Old Olive' card which was die cut using a really pretty label die by Marianne Creatables (LR0154) - bought many years ago
- at that point added the sentiment using my favourite Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a 'Happy Easter' sentiment from Stamping All Day. They have a lovely variety of sweet sentiments - HERE.
- then just stuck the image panel onto the label and added a lemon ribbon tie (using thread to pull the ribbon through the hole). Narrower ribbon would have been better but at that point I was on a mission and had no wish to hop around our local Hobbycraft!
- finally, used thin sticky pads (which are great to cut down as you wish) to adhere the label to the front of the card
In the end, these were made with care and love, for sure. And I know I've said it before - but I have a swatch of all my SU card stock, which is how I can put a name to SU snippets!