Thursday 18 April 2019

Golden Wedding Wishes - but a bit late!

A really special blogger friend just celebrated 50 years of marriage - well done to both you and your lovely hubby. HUGE congratulations! This lady is often my most truthful and yet funniest critic, we've been lucky enough to meet up and she was absolutely what I would have expected - in the best way possible!

I've kept her name anon. (as she is quite a private person) - otherwise I'd be up there tooting about it from the rooftop! How lovely to share in their special celebrations with this card - photographed slightly from the side to stop the glare:


I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" off white card blank, side opening

- slightly smaller layer of gold mirri card

- then a smaller again layer of Centura white pearl card (which is off white in fact, hence the card blank not being bright white) embossed using an X-Cuts 'Polka Hearts' embossing folder. To be fair, I trimmed the embossed layer to exactly where I wanted it after doing the embossing, so the hearts lined up and was just so lucky that it was as I wanted so I didn't need to trim the gold layer or the card blank down - which I often do, to make sure things are symmetrical! OCD - or even 'CDO' strikes again!

- then I dug into my precious X-Cut snippets of self adhesive gold paper and die cut two Marianne hearts using the 'LR0129' set of dies - possibly one of the first set of dies I ever bought and so rarely used (bad me as it's gorgeous!)

- next die cut the numbers 5 and 0 from a snippet of the same adhesive paper using a Memory Box 'Classic Numbers' set of dies

- and finally, with yet another snippet of X-Cut self adhesive gold paper, die cut the sentiment 'celebrate' - by Paper Smooches from their 'Birthday Words' set

- then it was just a matter of placing everything where I'd planned it to go. Apart from one minor detail - do NOT use fairly thin adhesive plain foil on an embossed background! But, with the help of careful positioning and also some glue so I didn't need to press down too firmly - we got there in the end! Just please don't pick at it :)

I seem to have a real rush on right now, needing to make special cards. It's good as it focuses the mind immensely!

BUT, Dumbo here got the date totally wrong. The card was made, written and all ready to post when I spotted that I was going to be almost a week late! Instead of Wednesday 17th, the big day was Friday 12th April.   

So it's a belated Happy Anniversary - K & C!! xx And a woof from Dudley :)





25 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! What a beautiful piece of Art!!!! I love the gold tones and the tiny hearts. A truly lovely card! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend is going to love this card... and appreciate your kind words. Fifty years is deserving of a card that gleams with glistening golden beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww... This is amazing!! Such sweet and elegant feel for this anniversary card!! LOVE the gold hearts and the embossing! Happy belated :) Anniversary to your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FAB card and surely well appreciated too, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to your pal too

    Happy Thursday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful Golden wedding card Di.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A gorgeous card Di and the combination of the sweet little embossed hearts and the beautiful ornate die cut hearts over the top, and love the bit of embossing on one, is just perfect. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di this is a stunning card you have made for your friend. I often get dates mixed up. I usually send the cards anyway. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this card is PERFECT. Lovely detail and I adore the white and gold. Top marks Missus.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Late or not I'm sure your friends will love it. It's very pretty.

    What a milestone for anyone. Congratulations to them both. [Bunny]``

    ReplyDelete
  10. Late or not, it's gorgeous, Di! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous and elegant card for such a significant anniversary. Your friend will for sure like the card as well as and your attention.
    Hugs, Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is lovely, Di. A beautiful card with the gold hearts for their 50 years of love. The embossing folder is perfect for this too. Being a week late just gives them another week to celebrate.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Better late than never I always say - beautiful card to celebrate 50 years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Having sent a card late just extends the celebration I always say :) It's gorgeous with the sparkly golden hearts and I'm sure it was welcomed with open arms and a grateful heart! My hubs and I celebrated our 50th in December, and I always like to think we're extremely blessed for not killing one another during that half century of time spent together! LOL Just kidding, but 50 yrs of marriage is something to celebrate! Congrats to your friends :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. A gorgeous card, those hearts are lovely and I'm sure it will be well received even being a little late x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, love the gold hearts.
    Valerija xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, a really beautiful card. Super well done for your friend who I expect loves it. Hugs to you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful golden hearts - what a perfect anniversary card (would be a great design for a wedding card too).

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful card Di, it looks so classy with those fabulous hearts and embossed background. All in all it's the perfect golden wedding anniversary card and I'm sure it was very well received. Hope you have a great easter weekend, although I did here whisper of Parsnip opening up your garden gate to an easter egg hunt (with an entrance fee of course!) xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a perfect tribute to our anon friend, Di! Your card might have been late, but I'll bet it was among their most favorites! It's really stunning!! Happy Happy Easter to all! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  21. A beautiful anniversary card for your friend, you were not late just extending the celebrations! Happy Easter xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very classy card, getting it late will just extend the celebrations. 50 years of marriage is something worth celebrating for at least a month in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What an elegant card Di - and I recognise those dies, as they are in my stash too - I love them, and think they look stunning used this way!
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.