Mr Mojo took a bit of a hike again but I absolutely couldn't pick a Birthday card out of my box of finished ones for a certain very good friend who recently celebrated her Birthday. It had to be specially made with her totally in mind.
So, I turned to a lovely Penny Black stamp set, as well as two of her favourite colours (green and blue), and this was the result:
- white DL card blank
- snippet of SU's 'Certainly Celery' card stock to 'frame' the image panel
- piece of white card, the Misti, Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Penny Black 'delicate florals' set
- after stamping the image I added the sentiment using the Misti again, the same black ink pad and a sentiment stamp from SU's 'Circle of Spring' set
- coloured the image using Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils
- only then did I trim the image panel and the green frame down to size (working backwards again, but it allowed me to totally level up the sentiment which I'd suspected might stamp a bit on the wonky side)
- then glued the layers together before adding to the card front
- stamped and coloured the insert and envelope as mentioned above
Hope you had a really lovely Birthday - with plenty of cake and choklit of course!