However, Mrs. A is celebrating her 100th Butterfly Challenge over the next four weeks and I couldn't let that pass by without playing along.
So here's my card:
- white card blank, tent style with the lower edge cut using a Lawn Fawn 'Stitched Scalloped Borders' die
- stamped image from the Penny Black 'delicate florals' set - stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and coloured with Faber-Castell Polychromos pencils
- whilst the image was still on a square of card I added the sentiment using the Misti (which likes things tucked into corners or along a straight edge even when using the magnets). The sentiment is from the Clearly Besotted 'Say what?' stamp set (love the selection in that set!) - stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink of course
- then die cut the image using a die from The Works set of 'Stitched Circles' - to place the die I held it in place with the cutting side uppermost so I could see where the stitched lines would go, ran a soft pencil around the inside edge, flipped the die over and held it in position with removable sticky tape
- trimmed a piece of turquoise card, trimmed and glued onto the card front
- then trimmed a piece of patterned paper from the Kate Knight 'Totally Tropical' paper pad which was a magazine freebie way back in 2011! Trimming the paper was a bit heart stopping as I only had one sheet of patterned paper with a butterfly on - the butterfly is as far up and to the left as I could make it
- then glued the paper to the turquoise layer on the card front and also glued the circular image panel in place
Normally I centralise most image panels but needed to have that butterfly on show - it just wasn't in the right place on the paper no matter how much I jiggled it about - but my in-house critic likes it!
The backing paper reminds me of a dress I had - way back in the dim and distant past. If I say I used to wear it with white knee length boots that gives a bit of a clue about the era!
This card is for a very dear friend - Happy Birthday chick! Mine's a Bacardi and Coke with ice and lemon please :) Cheers! x