I absolutely love Christmas, no 'Bah Humbug' here for sure! Still ploughing on making cards for the festive season - I made six identical ones the other week:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, side opening
- a piece of white card stock, die cut using the NBUS MFT 'Stitched Cover-up Companion - Diagonal' die
- then I used the Santa stamp I wanted to use for the image as a guide to position the sentiment in place, using the Misti of course (with six to make it was such a help!). The sentiment is from Uniko's 'Most Wonderful' stamp set, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- backed the aperture die with a piece of pale blue patterned paper from LOTV's 'Frosty Christmas' paper pad and glued the panel onto the card front
- then stamped the Santa onto white card stock snippets, using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from MFT's 'Jingle All The Way' set
- coloured the image using Pro Markers, making the 'gift' blue to link to the LOTV background paper - and added some clear Wink of Stella to the fur and bobble on Santa's hat
- then die cut the Santa, using a card template for positioning the die (I've covered how to do this this a few times on here before), and the matching 'Jingle All The Way' set of dies
- stuck the Santa in place using thin sticky pads and stepped away from the 'cooking pot' - job done, times six, yay!
The design I used kept popping into my mind - so much so that I do wonder if I've seen it elsewhere and it lodged in a little brain cell here. I adore the MFT Cover Up die I used for this card, so many possibilities! I can see one finding its way into the Playground Toybox at some point :)
This is such a cute card! Love that Santa and the overall design of your card!ReplyDelete
This is such a cute Santa Di and the card looks great with the sentiment across the diagonal panel of this lovely die, and with a nice stitched edge too. xReplyDelete
Love that Santa. He's so cute. Great die, too.ReplyDelete
I really love that Santa. What a fab die too. Great card mate.ReplyDelete
Hugs, Sarn xxx
I love Christmas too Di but SD would rather pretend it wasn't happening. I bought him a Bah Humbug mug last year and he uses it as his weekend mug for big cups of tea :-) xxReplyDelete
Cute card, Di.ReplyDelete
It's a real fun card Di and I'm so impressed with you getting on with those Christmas cards, I need to take a leaf out of our book.ReplyDelete
FAB make and I absolutely blimmin' LOVE you MFT SantaReplyDelete
I'm loving that whimsical little santa image with the pretty snowflake dsp, and that die rocks this card too! So cute!ReplyDelete
Ummm, make that Christmas tree dsp! The color blue fooled me into thinking it was snowflakes! LOLDelete
Super fun card, that Santa looks very sneaky! TFS!ReplyDelete
Love your card Di but is Santa bringing or stealing?...lol... Love that die of course...great design. can't get my head around Christmas yet! xxReplyDelete
Fabulous card, love that die too. Still not managed to make any Christmas cards yet. I just had to get that stamp set when it came out and it's still sat on Mount NBUS, you may have inspired me to ink it up. Cara xReplyDelete
Wow! Love this diagonal die, it seems just perfect to make quick cards with a fussi cut stamp and a sentiment. Another must have :D Your Christmas card looks adorable with this cute Santa and the sweet dp!ReplyDelete
Wonderful card and I love that die! That's a very happy Santa and such pretty paper! Hugs xxxReplyDelete
Super card D, I love that fun Santa and those CB sentiments are my favourite. Have a great weekend xxReplyDelete
Loving this super Christmas card with the jolly Santa - will certainly be looking out for that diagonal die which looks so useful.ReplyDelete
I love the diagonal die cut design and the great stamps you used.ReplyDelete
oh I love this wonderful card and that diagonal die would be very useful for all sorts of cards.
The paper is gorgeous and what a very cute Santa.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
Ooooooo I love Christmas too....great card, and I love the die too xxReplyDelete
Very cute card and image!!!ReplyDelete
This one is so cheerful, Di! I'm pinning it! Whether you came up with the design or it lodged in there from somewhere else, it's brilliant! Hope your back continues to feel better! Love and hugs, DarnellReplyDelete
What a fabulous die. As you say, the possibilities are endless!ReplyDelete
Your adorable Santa is perfect here and the Misti was perfect for centering your stamped sentiment.
I have mine with me this week, for our first trip up to the lake. I plan to give my Misti a go this week. Hopefully ot solves my crocked sentiment problems!
Love this - very designer.ReplyDelete
Love it! Those santas are such fun too, but you really must stop enabling me as I'm off to check out the MFT die now.ReplyDelete