And it's another fresh fortnight in the Snippets Playground! Thank you so much to everyone who came to play - loads of brilliant entries too!
This is my snippets card for the fortnight:
- 4" x 4" square white card blank
- snippet of white card, embossed using Darice's 'Picket Fence' embossing folder, then trimmed to slightly smaller than the card front
- next added the sentiment using Memento 'Gray Flannel' ink and a stamp from the Hero Arts 'Good Friends' set
- then die cut the flowers using Stick-It backed snippets of card and a Poppy Stamps 'Wildflower Patch' die. First of all I die cut the whole flowers from a green snippet, left the flowers in place in the die, carefully peeled the Stick-It backing away, popped the die on top of the embossed picket fence and then gently poked each flower straight onto the fence through the holes in the die - thus keeping them perfectly lined up
- next die cut the flowers again from snippets of Stick-It backed peach and mauve card, snipped off the flower heads and popped them alternately on top of the green complete flowers
- once that was done all that was left was to back the image panel with white fun foam and glue it onto the card front, using Collall all purpose glue
And here's this coming fortnight's prize:
kindly donated by the lovely Darnell - absolutely AGES ago! The die is similar to but not absolutely the same as the one I used today. It's lovely in that the flower heads die cut separately ready to just pop onto the complete flowers, and the embossing folder is the same of course. Plus, I've added a further Darice embossing folder to the bundle called 'Clouds' (you can see the design on the top right hand side of the packaging). I thought the clouds folder could be used as an alternative to the picket fence folder - or maybe in conjunction with it. I haven't worked out how the two folders could be combined - I'll leave it to the winner to have a play :) For that reason I don't want to split the prize up.
The Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks from now on and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time
on Saturday 4th March. The gates will open again at
midnight UK time on the same day.
It's still a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. The prize is all three items as a single 'bundle' as I already said. Please also link
back to the Playground
your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking,
it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Be sure to call back next week to see the winner of last fortnight's
prize (the papers, flowers, bows, buttons and LOTV 'baby' stamp) and my picks from the past two
weeks as well! And we also have another Guest Designer as well! The standard is so high I might have to do the final whittle down of my short list of picks by drawing straws - amazing stuff girls.
Look forward to seeing what you come up with this fortnight, I think this place is a real hotbed of crafting talent!
Psst, I made this card on Friday afternoon - I think my mojo put in another brief appearance, yay!
Love from Parsnip and me,