Time for another Cuttlebug Mania Challenge and the theme this time is 'Roses are Red'.
Your theme can actually be anything, just so long as there's lots of red as the main focus.
Details of our sponsor/the prize to be won can be found over on the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge blog.
I cheated somewhat with my DT card as it was already made for a challenge (two in fact) that I couldn't enter. I know there's a lot of white on the card but the main and only colour focus (the heart) is red.
This is what I made:
- 5" x 7" white card blank, tent style
- smaller layer of white card stock, embossed using the Couture Creations embossing folder called 'Bon Jour'
- then I stamped the heart using SU's 'Real Red' ink onto the centre panel - masking off the top and bottom of the panel first. The heart stamp is a much loved one by Penny Black called 'Love is the message'
- then I die cut the word LOVE out of the stamped panel using a die by Impression Obsession called 'Love' (making sure I saved the two little cutouts - a small heart and the centre of the letter 'e'), and also cut the word again from white fun foam
- backed the LOVE aperture in the card panel with double sided adhesive sheet and then popped the fun foam LOVE word in place along with the little cutouts I'd saved
- glued the saved die cut LOVE word from the card centre panel on top of the fun foam
- glued the panel to the card front and called it done
This was a bit of a tricky card to make so you can imagine my horror when I realised that it didn't qualify for the two challenges I wanted to use it in :( First was Darnell's NBUS Challenge #9 where I'd even complied with the options of CASE'ing a card as well as using the camouflage technique for the word LOVE. Ha, what I had totally forgotten was to use something NBUS - the basis of all Darnell's challenges!!
Then, I realised it wasn't fair to enter the card into the current Penny Black Challenge of 'Anything Goes' as the card is such a direct CASE from cards made by both Darnell and Chrissie!
So, I put the card to one side in the hope that it would be useful for a future post or perhaps Cuttlebug Mania DT work. Yay, happy dance when the theme for this fortnight was chosen!
Hope you find time to join in - not long until Valentine's Day. I've kept this card hidden from my in-house critic as it's most likely going to be given to him on 14th February :)