And here's my snippets card for this fortnight - thankfully I found time to make it before we zoomed off on holiday:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank
- snippet of deep pink card from the snippets folder trimmed to an eighth of an inch all round less than the card front
- at the same time I die cut an oval out of the pink card (a neat way of gutting it as I wanted to use some of the pink card for the camper van)
- glued the panel in place on the card front then die cut another oval from white card and popped that into the place I'd 'gutted'. As the next layer was to be paper rather than card it made sense to level the surface off :)
- added a snippet of Pink Petticoat's 'Wild Blossoms' collection paper on top of the deep pink layer. Love this paper pad as it really is so 'retro'
- then stamped the sentiment onto a snippet of white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and stamps from the fabulous and very quirky Avery Elle 'Handwritten Notes' stamp set
- I had huge fun making the 'camper van' using snippets of pink, grey and blue card along with a Sizzix die set called 'Let's Travel'
- added a tickle of clear 'Wink of Stella' to all the 'glass'
- die cut the white panel from a snippet, using a Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' die and glued it onto the card front
- used a pale grey Pro marker to 'ground' where the van would sit
- glued the camper van onto the panel and called it done!
One tip - the die set comes in four pieces. I die cut an additional 'full' back panel in grey to sit behind the pale pink panel. First I stuck the front bumper in place onto the pale pink panel and then I trimmed the pale pink tyres off before adding the grey panel behind. Pink tyres just did not look right to me - the way it was shown on the packet!
I'm entering this into Darnell's current NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff) challenge #8 - by the skin of my teeth. I haven't had time to go with the possible themes so hope this is OK?!
As I explained last Sunday, I'm keeping my picks back for a week to make life easier for me - the same with the Random draw for the prize.
This coming fortnight's prize is:
HERE. If you run the mouse over the image then the words become quite clear - great fun to play with and they do stamp absolutely beautifully in real life as well!
It's still a maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. I will split the prize if anyone has a burning desire for just one of the items but truly think it would make a good pairing. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Important note: if you would like to be a Snippets Guest Designer at some point in the future then please put GD after your name when you link up your entry. If you're too shy to do it publicly, then email me putting GD in the subject line - my email addy is on the RH sidebar. Mind you, I hope the Playground is such a happy and friendly place that no-one will feel shy at openly coming forward.
Be sure to call back next week to see the winner of last fortnight's prize (the shoe die and embossing folder) and my picks from the past two weeks as well!
And can I please finish with one really important and massive observation. Today as I type and finish this (already partly written) post, I cannot even begin to explain the feeling of relief and lack of (self inflicted!!) pressure. The Playground gates have closed, Parsnip is out there in the frost sweeping up and looking for empties (snigger, and wanting a hot chocolate drink when he comes in!). We have 71 entries (hooray for loyalty!) and I can actually breathe properly. I now have a whole week to write up the picks and do the draw for the prize (EF and shoe die) - this is how life really should be, I promise you! :) Thank you all so much for your love and support - MWAH!!
Speaking of bears, we flew with BA on holiday and on the return flight the lady (not a kid either!) sitting in front of Len had the most well loved ancient teddy bear with her. He got to visit the cockpit and all the crew signed a BA post card for him as well as his bear passport! 'Mr Martin', the bear, was very laid back about it all and sat demurely throughout the flight - at one point his paw flopped back between the seats onto Len's knee............ and Len didn't dare move! Snort :)
Have a lovely week! Cold here innit!!??!! Big hugs from Parsnip, who
And please, don't tell 'himself' about Martin the Bear!