It seems like ages since I joined in with Less is More where the current challenge of 'New Beginnings' really appealed to me. So many 'new' themes to play with - in the end I went with 'new baby' and this is the card I made:
- 4.0" x 5.25" white card blank, tent style
- panel of smaller white card stock, die cut using a die from the Lil' Inkers 'Stitched Rectangles' set
- then die cut the apertures for the waves using a Memory Box 'Breezy Waves' die and backed the apertures with medium strength double sided adhesive sheet
- die cut the waves again from a snippet of pale blue card and then inlaid them into the wave apertures
- using the Misti, I then stamped the sentiment using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Simon Says Stamps set called 'Handwritten Borders'. I had to mask off the right hand end of the sentiment area on the card so that it balanced out - it worked too!
- glued the panel onto the card front using Collall All Purpose glue
- die cut the adorable little set of Mama duck plus her three offspring from a snippet of yellow card, backed with Stick-It double sided adhesive sheet and stuck them in place. The die set is NBUS and is a Joanne Sheen Signature set called 'Toy ducks'
- the 'adult' eyes which come in the little die set are massive so I used a smaller eye die cut from a teeny snippet of black card (meant for a baby duck) for Mama duck and just gently added dots to the babies eye areas using a black fine line marker
My in-house critic pointed out that the little duckies might be good for Easter cards - there's a thought.
It's also Darnell's NBUS #9 Challenge right now - and it's a first outing for the little duck dies.
I could have wept as I originally made another card specifically for Darnell's challenge and then at the very last knockings realised that whereas it very carefully covered the optional parts (CASE and camouflage) I hadn't used anything new/unused (NBUS)! The air was just a little bit blue here :) You'll see the card at some point and then will know why I was so upset - one of my better efforts, ain't it always the way though.