Wanting to make a card, but not feeling ready for stamping and die cutting, I rootled through the 'shop bought' Christmas cards we've been sent that I save from year to year. Came across a really cute Scottie Dog card and this was the result:
- 5.75" x 5.75" white card blank
- the Scottie dog card was already shaped at the top half with the solid rectangular bottom half. Just a matter of trimming down the straight edge at the left hand side
- then used a piece of the same white card as the card blank and embossed it using SU's 'Softly Falling' embossing folder before trimming it so that the Scottie Dog panel would sit there with the bottom and side edges totally aligned then glued it in place
- backed the panel with dark green card, trimmed to just slightly larger than the image panel and glued it onto the card blank
- a really quick card, finished!
The lovely thing about the original card is that it came already embellished with a black gem for the eye plus a little strip of dark green velvet ribbon for the collar - and the sentiment was already printed as well of course! Easy, peasy 😃
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #308 - 'Cute or Anything Goes - so long as it's Christmas'
Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for November - always 'Anything Goes'