Tuesday 22 November 2016

Upcycled Scottie Dog Christmas card

Wanting to make a card, but not feeling ready for stamping and die cutting, I rootled through the 'shop bought' Christmas cards we've been sent that I save from year to year. Came across a really cute Scottie Dog card and this was the result:
I used:

- 5.75" x 5.75" white card blank

- the Scottie dog card was already shaped at the top half with the solid rectangular bottom half. Just a matter of trimming down the straight edge at the left hand side

- then used a piece of the same white card as the card blank and embossed it using SU's 'Softly Falling' embossing folder before trimming it so that the Scottie Dog panel would sit there with the bottom and side edges totally aligned then glued it in place

- backed the panel with dark green card, trimmed to just slightly larger than the image panel and glued it onto the card blank

- a really quick card, finished!

The lovely thing about the original card is that it came already embellished with a black gem for the eye plus a little strip of dark green velvet ribbon for the collar - and the sentiment was already printed as well of course! Easy, peasy 😃

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge #308 - 'Cute or Anything Goes - so long as it's Christmas'

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for November - always 'Anything Goes'







25 comments:

  1. I think blogger just ate my comment! how rude.
    He is a cutie and super how you have made into a totally new card. Hugs Mrs A.
    p.s. The ponds are overflowing here if your want to send the ducks over for a swim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! such a wonderful upcycled card :) I love it and the embossed falling snow is so cute.
    Hugs
    Preety

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di,
    ooooooooooooo! this is eery I was thinking of using my new die I won on the snippets playground in a very similar way.
    I love your card it's so gorgeous and wonderfully created.
    I do hope you are feeling much better.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A real cutie Di...how brilliant he was ready embellished for you.Take care,hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. An adorable Scottie dog Di.

    I think it's getting very close to you and I needing to jet off to warmer climes, what say you ?

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE IT! Brilliant piece of recycling.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww such a cutie Di and what a great card made from recycling as always your so talented hope your feeling better soon take care sending lots of love x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a sweet Scottie dog Di and I love the red plaid which is wonderful or Christmas cards and a pretty embossed backgroud, and a fabulous red carpet for him to walk on too. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card, Di! I love it.
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome !!!!
    Love the dog !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous Scottie dog Di and super recycling too xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, he's cute! And that's coming from a cat person.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great upcycling!!! I just adore this patterned doggie, it's VERY scottish! :D Lovely design with the snowfall embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous!! One would never guess that this was upcycled. It worked out perfectly and such a great way to create a very quick and easy card. Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so, so cute, Di! I would have saved this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, Di...
    Sorry you are still struggling health wise.
    One day at a time, hey? X

    ReplyDelete
  17. OOoh, that's a sweetie! I love the tartan! I hope you will feel better soon.
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh, this is cute as can be. I love a scottie and that plaid is perfect for him.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is such a super cute piece of recycling! I hope you feel better soon! Take care! Hugs, Chris xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such a cute card, Di.
    Slowly catching up... x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I must say, Di, you get the coolest shop-bought Christmas cards! Well done taking it easy, but managing to make an awesome upcycled EZPZ card!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Di, I think you and I share the same thoughts! I finished a card yesterday but haven't had time to photograph and post... red✔ Scotty dog✔ tartan/plaid✔ eerie stuff. I will try to post tomorrow or Saturday.... hope you are feeling better... have a great week... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the Scottie dog, Di. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.