Friday 25 November 2016

Gingerbread Boy Christmas card

It's time for ScrappyMo's Rudolph Days challenge folks! I'm hoping all is well with her as the last post she wrote way back at the beginning of November said she'd been in the wars and had badly sliced across her fingers. Let's hope it's just that Mo is very busy right now, rather than still incapacitated. If Mo does publish the latest challenge, remember it runs until the end of the month and is your last chance to play before Santa comes calling!

I've had a really cute Gingerbread Boy die set for ages, unused - slap my wrists! Had a play the other day and this is the result:

I used:

- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank

- snippet of dark green card, trimmed slightly smaller than the card front and glued in place

- snippet of tartan card, trimmed slightly smaller than the dark green layer and glued in place

- piece of kraft card which was die cut twice using the solid outline die from Frantic Stamper's 'Gingerbread Boy' die set. One of the dies was cut with self adhesive sheet on the upper side

- next took the second die from the Gingerbread Boy set, placed it onto a solid outline die cut (the one without the self adhesive sheet upper layer) and die cut the little apertures for the icing/trimmings Then removed the protective covering from the other die cut's adhesive sheet and then carefully layered them together so that the little apertures were the top layer, backed with exposed sticky sheet

- die cut the icing/trimmings from a snippet of white pearlescent card stock and just inlaid each piece into the little sticky apertures on the Gingerbread Boy

- cut a piece of white card to suit and stamped 'Be Jolly' in the bottom right corner using Brilliance 'Pearlescent Poppy'

- glued the Gingerbread Boy in place, using Collall glue in a Woodware Fine Line applicator

- backed the image panel with another, slightly larger, snippet of dark green card and glued the whole panel onto the card front

Inlaying the icing/trimming pieces was easy once I figured out how I wanted to do it,
the trimmings die has all the little pieces perfectly placed as they would be on the solid body so you really can't go wrong. Plus, being so small, they would be prone to rubbing off if not inlaid.

I did think about adding 'Eat, drink and be merry' as the sentiment - but changed my mind, in deference to the little Gingerbread Boy's sensitivities 😃 






31 comments:

  1. That is a very good gingerbread boy die but I'm glad you didn't upset him with your 'eat, drink....) words!! What make is the die please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have left a comment on your blog Val! The die is by Frantic Stamper but I can't find it being stocked anywhere in the UK right now, sigh.

      Hugs

      Di xx

      Delete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous, that die is super and really calls out for the resty of the card to be quite CAS to show him off to the best effect
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute gingerbread man card! Top die cutting!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a real fun and happy Gingerbread Man Di, makes for a super card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A cute little gingerbread boy Di, with a big smiley face. He had made a lovely card (or rather you have!). My New Year's task is to sort through all my stash, 'lose some of it' and use all the items that I have bought and forgotten about. We shall see... Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Rudolph day - love this cute gingerbread man - he's so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He just makes me smile Di - such a cute card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous die Di your card is lovely and l like the background paper too just finishes it of to a tee! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how cute Di, I adore this gingerbread boy and he looks wonderful against the red plaid. Thank you so much for joining in with the November Rudolph Days Challenge.

    p.s. I must have been really busy and just did not see her post at the beginning of the month so didn't realise she had been in the wars. I did wonder why it had been so quiet. Just hope she is a whole lot better by now. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. A fabulous card - love the inlaid gingerbread man!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di,
    what a very wonderful card.
    I love that super cute Gingerbread Boy, and what a very lovely design too.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How cute gingerbread! Love the stitched details! Lovely card, the plaid background looks perfect for this festive card!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your jolly gingerbread, and glad you didn't use the 'eat' word :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely fun card, the gingerbread boy is so cute and really like the Be Jolly sentiment. So glad you didn't use the eat word too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's a cutie! I used to always be on the lookout for the perfect gingerbread dude stamp or die. I finally gave up the quest and suddenly everyone has ones that could be keepers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute gingerbread man card Di. That is a super die and I love the way you inlaid the icing....
    and with my DT hat on thanks for joining in the fun over at the Rudolph Days challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute card Di, I love the gingerbread man and your check paper!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable card, Di. The sentiment is perfect.

    Trina xo

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love plaid, especially this dark red & green color - but that gingerbread die cut is adorable!!! What an incredibly CUTE and fun card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Cute card plus, did have a chuckle about eat drink and be merry poor little gingerbread.
    Hope you're improving Di, pray so,
    Thanks for sharing,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    {Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

    ReplyDelete
  21. This card is a beauty Di. Your little Gingerbread Man looks like he's ready to jump off and do a runner:) Seriously, I love the colour combinations on this card and the background works just perfectly with the die. Happy crafting, Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a jolly Christmas card! The lovely gingerbread man looks fab against the gorgeous tartan paper. I am glad you didn't use the eating sentiment, he would not have been Jolly anymore! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I had to leave a comment on this one Di. That gingerbread person is fabulous! Such gorgeous colours and I love your design - nice and fresh with plenty of yummy, just like gingerbread should be. I saw over at Mo's that she's still not well as here hand hasn't heeled yet, will make an effort to enter as I've bit been prepping much for Christmas this year xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great image, love the white on the kraft and the gorgeous papers.
    Looks good enough to eat!

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is so cute! Love to eat gingerbread men so Eat Drink and be Merry would have made me chuckle!

    I can finally use my finger but it is very sensitive. I find it difficult to reach (or rifle through) supplies, to grab things out of a drawer or box of supplies if my fingers have to brush against other items. Anything brushing against or pressing against my knuckle makes me gasp...bit of a drag...

    Still can't colour as I can't grip the pencil for too long. So I bought some new Xmas papers and have been making cards by cutting up the elements on the pages and framing or matting them them. Thanks goodness for precoloured images...teehee

    Thanks for your concern and I am sure I will be back to my old self soon.

    Thanks also for taking part in the November Rudolph days Challenge.f

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Di, a great Christmas card, I've been contemplating gingerbread and the possibility of baking some... your little fellow looks delicious (but don't tell him that) 😃 happy belated Rudolph Day... Megan

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.