Friday 4 November 2016

Teenage boy's Birthday card

Oh how I struggle to make cards for boys once they're past the 'cutesy' stage! Len's 15 year old nephew Ben had a Birthday recently and, after almost banging my head on the desk here trying to think what to make, I resorted to buying a digital card set on line. I'm only really posting it on here as my blog also serves as a reminder of who I sent which Birthday cards to, mostly so I don't do any repeats to the same person.
I used:

- 4" x 5.75" white card blank

- a digital card set which came from here, printed onto almost matt photo paper

- trimmed and glued the backing layer onto the card front

- then just cut the top layers and backed them with pieces of white fun foam before gluing them onto the card front. I already said in a previous post last week that a full layer of white foam underneath largish raised areas will help to prevent the card from ending up with 'buckles' here and there, especially after being whipped through the Royal Mail sorting machines!

A really quick and easy card and I do like how the silver outlines look so realistic. There's a £5 minimum spend on the site I bought this from, so I bought a few other card/topper sets at the same time. Now I just need to remember to use them of course :)

And another reminder for myself - this card was made for a little neighbour who is eight years old tomorrow. Card topper designed by my in-house critic - trimming and sticking by yours truly :)

I was really thrilled when a lovely bloggy friend asked if Len would do a repeat of the 'builders' card he designed this Summer - for her little Grandson. Of course he was more than happy to do so and and altered the name and age to suit. Bless her (you know who you are if you're reading this) - she even offered to pay for it! It was a total pleasure to help out and the payment was to know that you and the little chap liked the result.





21 comments:

  1. You're up late my darling! Absolutely fabbo cards! Love how you used the toppers!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two brilliant cards, I know what you mean about making card for teenage boys, but you've made a perfect one for Ben. A pat on the back for Len too, great design for Josh. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This should go down very well with Ben as this is right on the money Di, also Len is a dab hand at designing a card on the computer, he'll be wanting his own blog soon..lol. No seriously two great cards and both will be loved by their recipients I'm sure. I am not really much good at any children's cards, and I'm ashamed to say that recently I have bought them for the four young ones we have that we send to, so you are definitely doing better than me. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are cute cards :) and yes it is difficult to make cards for little boys. I have 2 teenage nephews and it is difficult for me to make cards for them so I stick to neutral colors especially brownish kraft paper and keep them pretty simple so as not to add anything too girly (which is my usual instinct).
    Hugs
    Preeti

    ReplyDelete
  5. The silver lining makes it look so dimensional
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. They certainly are among the most difficult, but these are super and sure to be well received xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teenage boys are absolutely the worst to make for but you've nailed it perfectly!
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect boy cards - always difficult to make but at least you have a year to think out another one!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two fantastic cards Di, I know just what you mean about boys past a certain age, they are so difficult to make cards for but you have managed with a great one here.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two great cards. Love how you and Len collaborate on them.
    Hugs,
    Em xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I think you nailed it with BOTH cards mate. Top marks.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards Di are perfect for the young teenagers x

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't image trying to make cards for teenage boys. I think I'd just hand 'em 20-bucks and call it good. :-) Great job with these cards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both brilliant cards for boys, an I remember the second one! Surely Ben has enjoyed his "digital" card! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a super set for a teenage boy. Probably the hardest to make cards for. Fortunately I don't have to worry about boys of that age. Len certainly came up trumps with Spiderman. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are just perfect for boys Di, well done to you both!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You have no idea how grateful and relieved I was when my brother and Bethan had a little girl, lol, little girls I can do but boys, well they's a pain ain't they x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both these are so cool! You are a very talented team! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I see a similar subject :-)) I think it's a favorite theme of boys :-) Great card, ideal for such a young man.
    hugs,
    BozenA

    ReplyDelete
  20. You and Len have done a good job.
    You are not alone in your struggles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.