Wednesday 2 November 2016

Less is More- Week 300 - Time to Celebrate

The current challenge over at Less is More is 'Time to Celebrate' - and Chrissie and her brilliant team certainly have every reason to celebrate is it's Week 300! Congratulations ladies!

I love to join in with Less is More whenever I can and was determined to play along on such a special week. I chose to celebrate Christmas at the same time with this card:

I used:

- 5" x 7" white card blank, tent style

- piece of backing card in pearlescent deep red, cut to the same size as the card front and glued in place

- piece of white Centura pearlescent card, embossed using a Sheen Douglass folder called 'Frosty Ice Border', trimmed to slightly smaller than the red layer of card and glued in place

- next I used the Sue Wilson Festive Collection 'Joy' die set to cut out the solid letters J O Y from more deep red card and set them aside

- using the scroll work die from the same set, die cut the word JOY(that layer is an 'all in one' cut) using gold Xcut adhesive metal effect sheet

- stuck the red letters behind the scroll work JOY, then added little spots of glue to the backs of the red letters using a Woodware fine line glue bottle and popped the whole assembled word onto the embossed card front. The glue behind the solid letters plus the adhesive on the back of any uncovered gold scroll work holds it nicely in place

I'd also like to enter this into three other challenges that I love to play along with:

Allsorts  Challenge Week 387 - 'Let's Make A Start On Christmas'

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 305  - Anything Goes So Long As It's Christmas

Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for November - Always Anything Goes

Made three the same and although I've slowed down a bit in production due to this wretched back, there's a nice healthy box of cards which probably will cover us anyhow. But, I won't stop production just yet, of all the cards I make, it's the Christmas ones I enjoy most. Weird or what?!






30 comments:

  1. This is so pretty Di and I love the Sheena Douglass EF, which I have too, courtesy of the playground, and the 'Joy' with the red letters behind the scollwork is just perfect and complements the red of your card base beautifully. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Di, so classy and elegant. The embossing folder makes a lovely frame and I love the JOY die cut in red and gold. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning card and another die for my 'wish list'!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Di! I love that embossing folder which makes such a perfect frame, and the JOY die is really stunning. Fab colour choices too! Thanks for sharing with us in our 300th challenge at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a simply gorgeous festive make Di.
    Hope your recover from that back of yours and the shingles ASAP!
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty card :) love the embossing and the gold on the joy!
    Hugs
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card Di, love the embossing folder you've used.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Di. The 'joy' die set gives a stunning result and the embossing folder is fabulous. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very elegant CAS, so lovely! Fab shining and embossing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not at all weird in my book Di - I love making Christmas cards too! I love the gentle sheen and gorgeous embossing on this beauty. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautifully elegant, crisp and sophisticated Di and a perfect take on our 300th challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More, it's always a pleasure to see your cards. Oooh I am loving the header on your blog too. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. he blog makeover was done by the lovely Loll Thompson Sarah! She's so talented.

      Hugs

      Di xx

      Delete
  12. What a lovely card Di. The embossing folder is a lovely frame for Christmas and I like the JOY is red and gold. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this card is a stunner. I love that Frosty Ice Border embossing folder and the beautiful layered letters. I got such a kick out of reading about your trick or treaters. Love the dog wanting to come in! It had to be so funny to hear that little one being so extra polite. How cute that is. We had a little girl one year who tried to come in when I opened the door and she tripped over the threshold and fell flat on her face before I could grab her. Her candy went everywhere and she just got up and started picking it up, looked at me and said "trick or treat" like it never happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So cute! It's the little ones that are the cuties for sure! :)
      Hugs

      Di xx

      Delete
  14. Very pretty card Di, I love the embossing. You have been a trouper making your Christmas cards, I struggle starting them before September but this year I could have done with starting in January! I really hope I have enough for the fair!! Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple but beautiful creation, love it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. And those are three more real beauties you've added to your stash, Di! That's a cool e/f, just perfect for your brilliant joy, and perfect for LIM 300!! I'm keeping you and your wretched back in my thoughts and prayers that it gets better soon! Lots of love and gentle hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning card Di, and not weird at all :) take care of yourself xxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So elegant & beautiful, Di! I'm with you--making Christmas cards is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow! That 'joy' looks so incredibly rich and luxurious Di! Loving the red and gold colour combo with the fab swirls. The embossed border is such a beautiful frame too. Thanks so much for joining in Less is More's 300th celebration xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful design Di. Love that pretty dry embossing that frames the JOY. Hope you are starting to feel better. I'm with you about card making ... Christmas cards are my favourite! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. A fab design, Di! The rich colours of that beautiful joy die really pop against the lovely embossed background. It sounds as if you are making good progress with your Christmas card making. Thank you so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. A gorgeous, classy card Di!
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  23. A joy is exactly what your card is, Di! Love it. And it sits within that frosty border perfectly.
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ooh this is so gorgeous! The red backed joy looks fabulous within the wonderful icy frame! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Not weird at all. Christmas makes are THE BEST makes to make. I do not know why, but they are.
    I recognise this embossing folder. I bought it after last time I saw it on a card you had made.
    Not used it yet though!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.