Wednesday 9 November 2016

Stickeroo aperture Christmas cards

Most of you will know that I really love Penny Black Stickeroos. Up until now I've used them as 'toppers' on cards, always mounting them onto a snippet of card as a backing first as they really are impossible to move if you get it wrong when placing them.

I fancied making a little run of Christmas cards, so turned to a single sheet of Stickeroos and made five aperture cards for a change:
I used:

- 5" x 5" square white card blanks

- five Stickeroos from the Penny Black sheet called 'Starry Night'. The sheet comes with six stickers in total but one just didn't 'do it' for me in terms of not being very Christmassy

- stuck each sticker onto pieces of white card about quarter of an inch bigger all round than the sticker itself

- rifled through my dies and found two Spell binder dies (square and 'wonky rectangle') plus a Lil'Inkers Stitched rectangle die which were just marginally smaller than the stickers

- lightly marked the card fronts with pencil lines across the horizontal and vertical centre lines, placed the dies one by one on each card (used removable tape to hold them in place) and die cut an aperture in the front of each card

- used a soft eraser to rub out the pencil lines

- then ran a fine line of Collall glue around the inside edge of each aperture on the reverse and adhered the corresponding Stickeroo in place

- to finish off the insides of the cards I just added white card panels trimmed to slightly smaller than the card size to cover the back of each image

- finally, added the sentiment using the Misti, acetate grid, Memento 'London Fog' ink pad and stamps from the Paper Smooches 'Christmas Sampler' set

Five Christmas cards rustled up in double quick time and I do like the 'Stickeroo behind an aperture' technique. The sentiments also look just right (in real life!) as the Memento 'London Fog' ink tones well with the actual Stickeroo images.

The sentiment stamps are from a set exactly the same as the one on offer as a prize this week in the Snippets Playground :)






32 comments:

  1. Love the cards :) so many pretty christmas cards!!
    Love
    preeti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah clever idea Di to make them as aperture cards.... I use a glue stick on sticky back paper to guvevtime to faff around with placement, do same for sticky double sided tape. Sometimes when want extra stick use liquid glue instead.
    Hugs Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous images and I love to create aperture cards too so they are right up my street xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards Di and a great idea to use the Stickeroos behind an aperture.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di,
    what gorgeous cards, and I love those images behind the wonderful apertures.
    Great designing as usual.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww Di these are total stunners....gorgeous xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are adorable Di, Like the wonky apertures xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea resulting in five lovely Christmas cards - I've not used Stickeroos for ages but I had some pretty floral ones at one time. Good to be reminded of them so thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. You've created a wonderful collection of Christmas cards here Di, I love the dies you've used for the apertures too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooo what an absolutely delightful collection of cards and i hope you are going to add them to the Penny Black & More Challenge this month, as you have used the gorgeous PB stickeroos, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness - I love these cards, Di! CAS with bunnies seen through an aperture - delightful. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Right . . . that DOES IT . . . I am off to hunt for wonky rectangle dies . . . I simply LOVE these cards. Great images, fab apertures, and fun sentiments!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. awww this bunny card is super adorble!
    love all your cards! they are so pretty!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely set of card Di! Love the wonky aperture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those stickeroos and the shape of the aperture is fabulous Di and shows them off beautifully. That shape is one to look out for as it is just that bit different. Simple designs and so elegant! x

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are very nice. I like the wonky shapes as it gives your card a little added something something. Perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Awww Di they are just so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very classy cards, they look wonderful with the aperture. I'm sitting on my hands so I don't follow Sarn shopping. The image reminds me of Little Grey Rabbit somehow.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful technique for your elegant and sweet CAs!!! Great work, the aperture looks so pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are fab Di! Great idea to mount them behind your aperture - I've some stickaroos that I tried and never really 'got' them, but I'll give this trick a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Brilliant idea Miss and they all look fab. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely cards Di, I really like the blue/grey tones in the stickaroos. Lovely images too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great cards Di, love the stickers and their colours.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! I love the cards Di, those bunnies are gorgeous!
    Hugs, Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Awesome set of cards Di. Love those PB Stickeroos ... makes for some QCAS cards (quick and clean and simple ... a la Darnell). :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh Di - I LOVE these so beautifully CAS with the added interest using that wonky die. I have seen the wonky die - decided I do not need the wonky die - now I NEED it! I do hope you are going to enter them into the Penny Black & More Christmas challenge? Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wowee, I LOVE these - especially those gorgeous rabbits. I definitely need some Stickeroos xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Well, swoon is overused now, but it really is the best word for these sensational cards, Di! I haven't seen these particular stickers and they look even less like stickers than her stickers normally do. They are awe-mazing and I must get some and cop, er, CASE these cards. Off to order - and the wonky apertures, too! Thank you!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  29. Gorgeous cards, Di. As you know, I'm a fan of PB Stickeroos too and these are fab. I also like your wonky apertures. Brilliant! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. These are just adorable and what a great way to use the beautiful stickers. I tend not to use stickers at all, because I'm never quite sure how to use them so they look finished, as opposed to just stuck on. Cutting a little window in the card to let them peek through is just perfect and is something I'm off to try now! Thanks for all your creative ideas Di.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great idea, Di.
    Looks so effective. X

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.