And, as it's Friday, the Snippets Playground gates will close at 11am tomorrow morning (GMT). So, this is my last snippets make and prize for the Pixie's Snippets Playground Weeks 208/209 Celebration:
- 4" x 6" white card blank
- a slightly smaller snippet of white card, die cut using the Poppystamps 'Ornament Trio Cutout' die. I first spotted this fabulous die over at Darnell's blog and just fell in love with it. Do remember to keep the little white centres for the bauble attachment to one side for use at the end! I didn't and had to cut three more to finish off
- backed the die cut panel with double sided adhesive film and then stuck the panel onto the blank card front which that meant that the little apertures were all backed with sticky adhesive film
- three mirri card snippets in silver, red and gold to die cut three baubles and matching hangers
- this next part took ages, one by one I then added the mirri cut out pieces into the apertures in the baubles. The secret is to try and leave as many pieces in place when you take the die and die cut out from between the cutting plates - the more pieces that stay in place the easier it is to transfer them to the correct 'holes' in the main cut out panel
- now that the long 'cords' for the baubles were in place I could add the little white centres I wrote about above - once I'd cut them again of course!
- by this time I was ready for a lie down so to finish off I just added a gold peel off sentiment rather than the original plan to die cut a sentiment - thought it worked fine though :)
Although I love the effect of the three baubles in different colours, it was quite a long job if you want to make a few cards the same - although great for jig saw puzzle fans and clever folk like Darnell and Hammy!
Other, and much quicker ways, to use the die would be to back the whole cut out piece with one or more pieces of contrasting card, that would mean the colors would be indented instead of inlaid to the same level of course - but it could work fine. Or, how about adding fine glitter to the die cuts in the baubles, the glitter would stick nicely to the self adhesive film. Do it bit by bit and you could use several colours too. There are lots of fun ways to use this die that I won't have thought of (how about coloured acetate?) and it's still up there with my favourite dies.
And needless to say, the final prize of the 208/209 Celebration is:
A Poppystamps 'Ornament Trio Cutout' die just like I used today.
If you'd like to be in with a chance of winning this lovely die, just say 'Yes please' or similar in a comment below - in this post.
So, tomorrow (just under 36 hours time after this post publishes) Mr Linky will close and then on SUNDAY I'll be using the closed Mr Linky HERE as the focus for the random choices and the results will be posted on Monday 4th January. I had to move the day as doing all the drawing and writing up the results will take me some time - however, on Sunday you will have a new Mr Linky running plus my picks from the past two weeks to look at. Ha! That's gonna be fun, I think we broke the highest number of entries total! :)
Just remember, you must have added at least one snippets make into Mr Linky to be in with a chance of one (or more) of all the prizes that you've said you'd like to win over the past couple of weeks. Still a maximum of three entries please.
Hope you have a lovely day, and as already said - a wonderful year ahead.
Di (and Parsnip of course!)