Time for a new challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania, and the theme is 'Do you wanna build a snowman' - use a snowman in your project.
I opted to actually build my snowman using a stamps and dies set - but you don't have to take it as literally as I did! Just make sure you include a snowman in your design.
You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine (it
doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all
manual please. Then make your
entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog
post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any
Here's my Happy Chappy:
- 5" x 7" white card blank, tent style
- a largish snippet of matt red mirri card for the first layer
- a snippet of pale blue snowflake backing card
- a snippet of white card, die cut to form the wavy hill using a Spellbinders die from the 'Borderabilities - A2 Curved Borders One' set
- the sentiment stamp was a magazine freebie, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink. First time it's been used, it stamps beautifully and I absolutely love it!
- making the snowman was great fun - I used the Sizzix Hero Arts 'Snowman #2' set of stamps and matching dies with Memento 'Tuxedo Black' to stamp all the elements apart from the arms - for which I used VersaFine ''Vintage Sepia'
- then die cut all the pieces and coloured in the scarf, nose and jaunty sprig of holly with a mix of Pro markers and Whispers markers
- glued the snowman's body in place and then added the other elements using strips of red line double sided sticky tape
Why not join in? We'd love to see you over at Cuttlebug Mania!