Thursday 29 August 2013

Upcyling another Christmas card

The current challenge over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is 'Cute' - so I looked for a cute Christmas card amongst those we were sent last year and found this sweet little image:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- almost the whole front of a small Christmas card, which came with the sentiment already printed on it, two corners rounded and layered onto a snippet of grey card - also with two rounded corners

- backing paper from the lovely Kay in New Mexico, two corners also rounded. A while back Kay sent me a gorgeous selection of both Christmas and non-Christmas 6" x 6" papers and I check those out first before rummaging through other paper pads as so often I find exactly the match I want - in this case it's a perfect red and the snowflakes are so similar to those around the little girl

- strips of self adhesive ribbon by Dovecraft from a set called 'Santa'

- three small self adhesive red buttons from Hobbycraft

Super fast, much easier than the near disaster I rescued on Monday!

This is also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra, where it's always 'Anything goes'.

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. What a darling little image! SO soft and pretty, and I love the button accents too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect match indeedy. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely image, and perfect with the red snowflake paper from our Sweet Kay. Love how you saved this little cutie, and it really does fit the theme at Hazel's. TFS & hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Di, that image looks so like Lotv doesn't it. Perfect match on the paper too. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely bit of up-cycling Di.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, stunning and so perfect Di.
    luv
    iar3ne
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolute sweetie. Love this Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delightful card, Di, for my CHNC challenges - that image is indeed cute and sweet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice nice nice Di!! I have some card which I keep saying I will 'upcycle' and then never get around to it. 'Must make more effort!!! lol!. I do like the two rounded corners - really stylish!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So very pretty Di, lovely cute image and the paper is gorgeous Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fab image Di and love your journaling too gorgeous colours huggles hun Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ohhhh so cute card
    I was away for some time great posts
    in past
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Definitely cute! Love that sentiment and the sweet little girl decorating the tree! I need to dig out my old cards and see what I can find to upcycle.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card, Di. I like the touch of grey with the red, and doesn't the image look very LOTV - very cute :) The paper is beautiful too, a lovely gift from Kay in Mexico. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.