Saturday 24 August 2013

Saturday Supper - Pork Goulash

You know sometimes when you read a recipe,  you just know it's gonna be 'lip-smackin' good' - that's what happened when I recently found this recipe in a free supermarket magazine:

Pork Goulash:

600g diced pork
2 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves3 tsp paprika
2 tbsp tomato purée
1/2 chicken stock cube
400g jar tomato and sweet pepper sauce (I used Lloyd Grossman's own, it was 350g so I added a little water to the empty jar, popped the lid back on and gave it a good shake to 'up' the liquid quantity).
350g new potatoes
1 red pepper

1. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add 600g diced pork, season and brown all over.

2. Add 2 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped, and cook for 2 mins. Stir in 3 tsp paprika.

3. Add 2 tbsp tomato purée, 125ml chicken stock made from 1/2 cube, 400g jar tomato and sweet pepper sauce, 350g new potatoes, parboiled and halved, and 1 red pepper, sliced.

4. Bring to the boil, simmer for 5-10 mins until the pork is tender and stir in 60ml soured cream.

5. Serve with a spoonful of soured cream and a sprinkle of paprika.

For once I altered absolutely nothing! The pork I used was tenderloin/fillet and we had fresh British broad beans as a vegetable. Like Brussels sprouts though, they're something you either love or hate.

One thing to be aware of though is that the new potatoes have to be parboiled beforehand, for about 10 minutes at least I would say - bearing in mind they only cook for a further 5-10 minutes once in the sauce. I nearly tripped up but luckily read the recipe through properly before putting on my big chef's apron, gathering all the ingredients together and prepping everything. I'm a bit OCD and love to see little dishes of ingredients lined up, all measured and weighed ready to use :)

Of all the recipes I've put on here lately, this really has to be an outright winner - we both loved it.

Enjoy! 

Di
x

8 comments:

  1. This looks yummy, I can almost taste it......

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds delicious xxx

    HAPPY SATURDAY to you xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy, love recipes that include potatoes. However, having to avoid sugar probably means the Lloyd Grossman is out ... sorry Lloyd but that's the way it has to be :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you think it would taste the same if I omitted all the peppers?
    Looks yumee though.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmn! I am hungry now - not good at nearly midnight and time for my cocoa!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, that looks delish! But, it is breakfast time as I comment and I'm betting that as the day goes on, it will be looking better and better. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.