Tuesday 6 August 2013

Christmas joy

The current challenge over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is 'Spread a little joy and love' - and this really happy image seems to be full of joy:
I can't help smiling when I see that happy face, saying 'Here's some joy, love me but please don't eat me' :) Am I alone in not eating gingerbread men, jelly babies, chocolate bunnies and the like without a pang of guilt I wonder?

I used:

- 6" x 6" square Kraft card

- Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Snowy Christmas' sheet

- main background paper from Raspberry Road's Christmas Collection (free with QCME magazine) and all other papers from Echo Park's 'Season's Greetings' paper pad - wahoo, that pad is almost used up - that would be a first here

- strip of Christmas ribbon - too nice to hide and too bulky to tie a bow with

- sentiment was stamped using a SU stamp from the 'Joyous Celebrations' set, SU 'Old Olive' ink pad, punched with a Hobbycraft label punch, threaded with green cord and fixed with a brad from a set by My Mind's Eye called 'Decorative Brads - Red'

Am also entering this into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for August - where it's always 'Anything Goes'.

Di
x

17 comments:

  1. Di, this certainly does bring joy and love! So cute and love that little tag.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you do with the stickeroos. This is adorable, and you're right: it's a happy card. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this cute card, can't help but smile right back lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute card with a very happy image. I'm afraid I feel no guilt eating jelly babies - and I still bite the head off first!! Not sure what that says about me (lol)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS and very happy!

    I don't suffer from any guilt about eating the things you mentioned! I am a cruel and heartless woman!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this sweet Christmas card Di.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you bite the heads off first then the guilt is less cos there's no eyes looking at you....... Cute card Di! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute Miss! I can see why you like her.
    As for the nibbling on things with a face.....feet first!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute and such a happy card! You're not alone in thinking/feeling that it's just the rest of us won't admit it 'cos we will look like nutters lol!
    I always go for the head first - that way he can't see me eating him little by little lol! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Brilliant card, great image and it is really a very happy card.
    You must be well on your way now to finishing your Christmas cards.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Brilliant is your image Di so happy go lucky chap just right for Hazels challenge he's really joyful looking x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is one very cute gingerbread man die. Sweetie! X

    ReplyDelete
  13. This has me smiling ear-to-ear! It's adorable, Di! Love the design and layering ~ everything frames the jolly gingerboy perfectly. (I don't care for gingerbread men either, but all other men ... well, you expected me to say it, be honest!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Di, love that ribbon and the gingerbread man is fab - he does look as though he is jumping for joy. I most certainly do feel guilty eating any of your list, twice over! One for what they are ... I mean where do you start, feet or head, either seems cruel, and two, well, all that sugar is bad for me, I really shouldn't :( I won't be joining you over at Hazel's challenge this week - no time. Hopefully next week. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the smiley gingerbread - super card for both CHNC challenges - hope to see you again soon, Di x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Always had to line me jelly babies up and eat the legs followed by the arms and last with a sorry the head. Sweet little gingerbread on yer card Miss. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.