Sunday 11 August 2013

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 85

And another busy week in the Playground, it's great to see so many people coming to play - and thank you so much for the lovely things you say in comments and on your blog posts. The main aim of the Playground is for you to want to come and play, make friends and perhaps pick up inspiration from your playmates on how to use up those pesky snippets :) It seems to be working folks!

Here's my snippets card for this week - I stumbled across the digi image called 'Sassy Sally is Just Hanging Around', goodness know who or what led me there but it was a must to buy. I only have a handful of digi images but this little rascal really touched a little piece of my heart.......I wonder what she reminds me of, and WHO?! Snigger.
I used:

- 7" x 5" white card stock

- digi image by Sassy Cheryl called 'Sassy Cheryl Is Just Hanging Around'. Coloured with Pro Markers, chosen to try and pick out the colours in the snippets I'd sorted out for the background papers. Once the image was coloured I realised some sky would be useful (always after the event here!) so out came TH 'Tumbled Glass' ink pad, clouds template I made myself and a mini duster brush. Found those little duster brushes at Newbury - they're so cute and great for small areas especially if you're like me and suffer from hindsight syndrome. Wish I'd bought more for the Playground toy box :( Poor little sausage though, she really must be swinging from a very tall tree

- snippets of SU's 'Daffodil Yellow' card to mat the image onto and also as the main backing on the card

- the patterned snippets were tucked inside the original pad so I can tell you they're from Echo Park's 'Hello Summer' paper pad. Mostly, if possible, I keep patterned snippets with the original pads/packs. Partly so I know the name but mostly because there's generally another full sheet which would go with the snippets if needed. But these were all little snippets - 'honest injun, spit on my hand and turn round three times'

- there's 'no show without Punch' so out came the ribbon snippets box and I found some bright pink organza and made a bow

- the sentiment was computer generated and then die cut with an XCut die from the brilliant 'Speech Bubbles' set then layered onto a snippet of 'Daffodil Yellow', cut in the usual way by drawing round the outside of the die and fussy cutting. I dithered over the die set having seen that Penny Black also have a set of these dies out on the market - but XCut won in the end. There are some 'Thoughts' bubbles plus 'double' speech dies so it's a very versatile set

That's my snippets card for today, complete with ribbon as is almost always the case!

Onto this week's picks, and it's been sooooo difficult. Every single snippets make is lovely - you gals are really so talented.
Sarah of 'Sazzle Dazzle' made this brilliant card - what a fabulous little sailing boat! To see just how this was so cleverly made with snippets do go and take a peek. I'm surprised to see that Sarah doesn't have as many followers as I'd expected - you're missing things and some great ideas girls!
Lots of lovely snippets too on this card made by Sue (Olliesmam) - I totally adore it Sue! Look out, Maureen is on her way to meet you soon - you're bound to have a super time!
And Maureen (ScrappyMo) made this beauty, again with loads of detail, clever girl Mo! And how much Sam and I enjoyed meeting up with you during the week.
Elizabeth has been playing making Gelli Plate backgrounds and brought us a snippets card to show - amazing - I truly had no idea that Gelli Plates could be such fun, and the snippets go perfectly!

I have to stop now, time is marching on and there are a million and one things to do today (Saturday as I type) - but do please check out all the lovely things your playmates have made here.

We do have a new playmate so will you please welcome Fiona (Flossbite Crafts).  Hope you come back and play with us regularly Fiona!

So, first of all the draw for the two sets of stamps, kindly donated by Sandra H. That took a few goes as lots of you already are snowed under with un-used stamps:
Well done Elizabeth, I wonder if the stamps would be good on your Gelli Plate? They're big and bold so could work well maybe? 

Next the draw for the 'Raindrops' stamp, kindly donated by Ryn Tanaka. I numbered the 19 qualifying entries and used the random number thingy:
I do know that Mary really longed to win the stamp so I do hope you'll all be delighted for her - sometimes I squeak in shock when I realise who a winner is.  I know that Sam did wonder if she was a bit favoured the week she won the Lavinia Flower Fairy stamp - but that's absolutely not the case. The only time I do a second run of the random number thingy is if it comes up with someone who has declined a prize. I'd be cheating on myself, not just you girlies!

And don't be despondent girls, I have yet a different and equally brilliant Ryn stamp up my sleeve in a week or two. You're gonna love it!

And what's the prize for this coming week huh? Guessed yet?
Yessssss, it's a set of those lovely 'Speech Bubble' dies and they come with a magnetic sheet too. The same shaped die as the one I used today is hidden under the sticker. There are some quite quirky shapes too :) I know I'm gonna love playing with my own set.

Crumbs, I almost forgot - we have a Playground Mascot, courtesy of Sam :) After throwing her teddy into the Playground when the gates were closed the other week and me confiscating it - she decided that perhaps I needed a teddy for the Playground :) Here he/she is complete with such sweet bunting made by Sam:
Cute huh? BUT, Teddy has no name so if you'd like to leave suggestions (clean ones!) I'd be very grateful. No prize, just the fun of helping to pick a name :)

The Playground will run as usual this week with the gates closing at 11am UK time on Saturday 17th August. Maximum of three entries (I do check!) and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of the 'Speech Bubble' die set shown above. Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Di
x

33 comments:

  1. Gorgeous picks Di, as always. It is so much more fun here, better than the other challenges and you meet lovely new friends too!
    Congrats both ladies! Mary I'll be stalking you huni lol, not really but looking forward to seeing what you make with the stamp!
    Ryn stamps are going on my Xmas wish list!
    How about Mo for that cute teddy bear - he won so wonderfully today and would be a good luck emblem for everyone who visits!
    Nighty night, am struggling to stay awake but you know who is not going to be amused tomorrow, has she still got that blooming water gun lol?! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, fabulous card as always and congrats to the girls on their lovely wins... Teddy is cute - I am trying to think of a name that suits regardless of girl/boy but Arty is stuck in my head - as in Get "Arty" at Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground??? LOL - be back soon... hugs Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Di, your card is adorable!!! What a cute little image and it's paired perfectly with those fun papers.
    Great cards by the participants too!
    I WILL be playing along this coming week for sure!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card Di, love the fun image.
    How about 'Toffee' as he looks like he has some stuck on his nose!
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Di-fantastic card. Image is socute and all other cars are stunning
    Have a lovely Sunday
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Di, I've just entered this weeks challenge and what a stunning card you've made. Why did I not think of x-cut for dies. They're terrific and may have to treat myself to those. Your colouring is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G Di especially that sky.

    Thanks for the lovely mention - I'm new to blogland so hope to gather more followers in time but thrilled at how many I've picked up so far. Great picks you've selected and well done to the winners.

    Sarah
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving the snippets notables this week (and every week)! Congrats ladies on a job well done.
    Di, this card just makes me smile with the summery theme, delightful banners and big pretty bow! Ahhh, to be a kid again swinging from a tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Me and The Whimps would never hang upside down from a tree we gets seaside some finck terrible otherwise!
    Well as The bear is for the playground(sob ,sob no sheep doggy)how's about Snippet?
    Super duper card btw and lovely colours with that backing paper. Love dem dere clouds . Did you make a mask as you did em afterwards?
    Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the Sassy Cheryl image - super card, Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di

    A lovely snippet make from you .. .. as always.

    You are right .. that definitely isn't me hanging up-side-down!! What would my Mother say?!?!?!?! I have a feeling it might be you!!!

    Great post and show and tell.

    Please don't put me in the bran tub for the prize. I already have this set and it's great!! What a wonderful prize for someone to win.

    Have a lovely week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Di and what a great image l just it!! congrats to the winners enjoy your prizes and good picks this week Di too, Teddy is just so cute how about Di's Craftysnippet .....please don't include me in the candy win take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards showcased there today Miss. Ted is looking good in your home - settled in I fink! Liking the names so far!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di, Just back from my weekend away and what a wonderful surprise to find that you've not only showcased my favourite Gelli print card so far, but that I've won the stamps :) Thanks so much, and I think you are right, they will look good stamped onto the Gelli plate.

    Love your sunny fun card - the digi stamp is fab, and you've coloured it perfectly, love the afterthought clouds.

    As for teddy, you've already received some very good suggestion, Snippets is good but then so is Craftysnippets ... glad I'm not having to decide :)

    Hugs,
    Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like Snipetts for teddy but I also like Cutie Patootie!

    Your card is wonderful...What a cute image and the pretty ribbon is perfect on this.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Whoo HOO!You see me doing the happy dance, don't you??? You know I'm thrilled, and I'm glad I waited. (If I hadn't just maxed out my visa craft allotment, 'twould have been a diff story). I can't say enough good things about the quality of the Ryn stamp that I used recently. I sort of hated to dirty it up, the red rubber is so purty.
    Thank you, thank you RG!
    On to your card: I recognized that little blondie immediately. Somehow, w/o ever having met you, I can picture you as that type of child! Great use of your digi, and your clouds were wonderful. Been lazy today, so be back later to enjoy a bit slower the tantalizing glimpse of all the lovelies this week. Congrats to Miss Elizabeth too, on her win. I KNOW we'll see something beautiful from her. Hugs & TFS & thanks for doing the magic that picked my number!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oops, so excited I forgot Teddy's name. I liked Mr. Snips, Snippets, Moi...oh heck, he is just plumb cute. Will make a terrif mascot. Thanks to the generous donator too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you sure that's not a snapshot? But I thought it was the bear hanging not a puppy! Looks like fun in the Playground this week! PS Love the bow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Quite like Arty but I'll keep musing on a theme of Teddy's name...

    Swinging through the trees... hmm... I wonder....

    Lovely to be taking part again :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nothing to enter so far this week... but love Teddy - so how about
    'Snippet'? x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me again...just popped back to say looks like Scraooymo submitted a card this week. She is my twin sister...always tries to copy me!!! lol
    She would like to add a no for the prize as have been blessed with lots of wins lately...mustn't be greedy!

    Also wanted to say again how fab that upside down litte cutie is!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sneaking in the Playground again :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. One that will rival your pinkiness today Miss! Tee Hee!
    I am liking Snippets!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Forgot to say Miss no thankyou this week cos I dun finck I would ever use em. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yup, I think Snippets is a great name too.

    What a good way to use those X-Cuts dies ..... can see plenty of uses for them

    ReplyDelete
  25. Brilliant card Di, that stamp is just too darn cute. Agree Snippet is a brilliant name.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another great and fun snippets card, Di! I love that doggie and your deep rose bow is fabbo!! That wee imp is either you or Mrs. A, I'll wager! Or could be me. I used to love hanging upside down from the swings. I was a tart even then and splains why I've mostly air now in the craniarium! Great highlights and post, as always!

    I've made Sam's involuntary mascot a "badge" for the Snippets Challenge on my blog! LOL! I think we should call him "T.B. Snippets." Sounds like the Mayor of the Playground, doesn't he?!

    No thanks to another lovely prize offer! Have a great day!! xxoo Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  27. Brownie points for me with a third entry :) (Really, I"m just trying to make up for previous skiving!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I've been diving into my Christmas snippets today and combined it with a teensy bit of Gelli plate printing just so I could visit the pond and talk to the ducks ... got to keep my eye on them after your recent threat to their environment! Hope you had a great day out :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Di, love your card, the image is adorable! Great showcase too. Snippets or Snips sounds good for the cute teddy, glad you have to choose his name! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hello Di,
    your card is fabulous - love the clouds!
    Excellent choice of top cards from last week - fab!
    I think that 'Popcorn' is a good name for the bear....isn't there a stamp range called that?
    Anyway hope you like my card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Di - here is #3 from me LOL - have a great week Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Popped in with a card, had to steal your photo...hope that is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Di. This is the first time entering your Snippets Challenge. My friend MaryH, mentioned I should check it out as I used "snippets" for my tag card. Loll

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.