Sunday 4 August 2013

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 84

Oh wow - we had 57 entries this week, great going girls!

My snippets card this week is based on a very simple but I think clever idea - shown here on You Tube by Helen Allen. It's the second of the two ideas for using up little snippets of ribbon Helen shows in the video - great for using up those little pieces that I find are always left over after wrapping ribbon round a card/making a bow:
 I used:

- A6 white card stock

- a snippet of green card from the snippets folder, it's SU's 'Lucky Limeade' with the corners punched using a Woodware notched corner punch

- an assortment of little ribbon snippets from the little box I throw them into - just a couple of inches in length is enough to play with. I picked out same width ones but that's not necessary of course, plus my card has a real mix of colours on, different shades of pink or any other colour would look good though

- sentiment is by Inca 'Dot Birthday', stamped with Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink, corners punched with the notched corner punch and layered onto another snippet of card, black this time

Helen just added the card strip of ribbons to her lovely card, I covered mine with a scrap of black and white gingham ribbon. One thing to emphasise if you do try this is to use ultra strong DST throughout - ask me how I know :)

Here are my picks for this week, and it just gets harder and harder.
Just two snippets, the fabulous Memory Box 'Modern Landscape' die - bingo, one perfect New Home card made by Sarn.
A wonderful lavender themed card and bookmark, made by Elizabeth. It's beautiful and I love the dragonflies. Elizabeth also made the backing paper using the shaving foam trick - and there's a link on her blog posting.
Bonnie made this breathtakingly beautiful Christmas card - I love it!
And Mary H made this totally gorgeous card using the negative left over from die cutting a flourish.It's fabulous and another way to use dies without wasting what's left over.

Sigh, I could go on forever picking cards to show - so many beautiful ones, you can hop over and check them out here.

Onto the winner of the two Simply Gorjuss Girls stamps, plus the stamen punch - and it's:
That's so funny - the first few names drawn by the random number thingy had declined (probably on account of being scared to colour the fawn - grin), and then out came Glennis who had squeezed into the Playground right at the end of playtime! I've been and peeked through some of the posts on your blog and there's some lovely colouring there so I hope you like this prize Glennis! Can you please let me have your snail mail address - my email is di_wray@hotmail.com

It's the second week for the Raindrops stamp, quite a few of you have already qualified for the draw I see. If you haven't, then you only need to make a total of three entries over the two week period to be in with a chance.

And this week's prize is....................a bag stuffed with ribbon snippets :) Come baaaaack, I was kidding!
These stamps are 3" in height
Each wing is 4" high x 3" wide
It's a couple of lovely big and bold stamp sets, donated by Sandra H, and I think they would be such fun to colour in - although they would also look very striking just as they are. I haven't tried Zentangling out yet but there's something about these stamps that reminds me I ought to! Thank you Sandra!

The Playground will run as usual this week with the gates closing at 11am UK time on Saturday 10th August. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of the stamp sets shown above. Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Enjoy your week and hope to see you in the Playground. Remember that next Sunday the winner of Ryn's Raindrops stamp will be revealed - good luck,

Just realised that this is my 1000th blog post since starting this blog in March 2010. In truth over time a few posts have been deleted so it's really more than 1,000, the deleted ones were some which were being targetted by spammers until I hit on the idea of not allowing anonymous comments - that fettled the little perishers, snigger.

Di
x

31 comments:

  1. Did you see me sleeping outside the gate? So, I guess I wasn't late....I was early! Thanks for looking after me. I like your ribbon snippet card. Great idea! Lord knows I have lots of ribbon ends. You done good picking cards to showcase. Good job ladies! I'm ano for the stamps. I need to use what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I can't believe that my last minute entry was picked by Mr Random thingy.
    Thank you so much - I will send you my address, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards, love yours with ribbons
    lovely
    have a great Sunday
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant idea Di using up Ribbons and what a lovely way to use them up too! congrats to Glennis enjoy your prize and another lovely selection of cards have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a FAB way of using up your ribbon snippets Miss! I love the card - it's genius.

    I was delighted to be showcased amongst the other lovely picks. Thank you.

    Congrats to Glennis on her win.

    I'm just about to link up my card, but I'll say "No Thank you" to the prize please.

    Happy Sunday
    Hugs Sarn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ribbon card. Not sure I'd have enough patience though! Lovely snippet picks as well, well done ladies - sorry I didn't get round to much commenting last week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the idea for using up the ribbon bits - fab card, Di. And what lovely crafting you've shown from the playground. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for letting me in Di - not sure I'm going to be able to do too many snippets this week!
    No thank you for the prize though but thank you for the chance.
    What a fantastic card and a really blooming fabulous idea! Although I rarely keep ribbon snippets if they are less then 5cm long - I now need a ribbon snippets box! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to the notables for those fabulous cards! WOW!
    And another WOW to the ribbon snippets card Mrs. Di! What a clever use of those leftover ribbon pieces! I love that corner punch you used too! {note to self - must use my corner adorner punch more often}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow there are some clever peeps in this Playground. Some gorgeous pieces you have chosen this week Miss and quite deservedly so.
    No thanks to the stamps Miss thank you.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Di and reminding us that there are more snippets than just card is a fab idea. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di, Ooooh loving all that ribbon and the way you've used it. Fabulous idea. Just entering my card for this week so hope it links up ok.
    Would you drop me a quick email with your address as I'd like to get the package in the post this week? Many thanks Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di

    A great way to use up those snippets of ribbon .. .. I love the one with the music on very much!

    Great card showcase too.

    Hope you have had a lovely weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a fab idea for the bits of ribbons Di!! I forgot you had to make three cards last time LOL but I promise i'll try my best not to this time..I love this blog your so funny huggles Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gosh fabulous ribbon snippet card but not sure I would have the patience for this.

    No to the stamps this week, thank you.

    Oh, and thank you for repainting the ohp scotch on the playground - anyone going to join me?

    ReplyDelete
  16. A great line-up this week.
    Thanks for letting me play 3 times this fortnight

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun way to use up snippets of ribbons! Love the combination of colors that fit together so perfectly! Thanks for the shout out and no thanks to the gift. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Di,
    what a fab way to use all those snippets of ribbon!

    I'm back for the second week with my share - hope you like it! (I only used a small snippet of paper again)

    'No thanks' to the stamp draw thank you. xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Di, love your ribbon snippets ... drooling like only a ribbonaholic can :) Great idea for using up those itty-bitty lengths that I hoard away. Many thanks for showcasing my lavender card, glad you like the dragonflies as much as I do. Your merry band of snippeteers certainly excelled themselves last week and I can't wait to see what they do this week. Right, off to read your butterfly post now. Hugs, Elizabeth xx
    PS: check out my newest post where you will find a wee visual treat for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Quick message to say we bought a map and planned our journey and I will call you tomorrow night with my new cell phone number...really excited now...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Loved your snippet ribbon card. Will chk out this video. Gosh, I was so flattered to be included with the other 3 marvelous cards. I was thinking to myself "boy, she really picked some great ones" and then saw mine own scroll up! I'm travelling in some talented company! Congratulations to Glennis on being the winner. I've bought a zentangle book, not tried any yet. Also got a gelli plate, not tried that either. Are you seeing a pattern developing here??? Will try to get back, as I sure do have a tonnn of snippets! Hugs & thanks for picking my simple card with all these other wonderful & beautiful ones! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Another brill snippets card, Di! Thanks for the video link. I never would have thought of using ribbon snips like that on my won! Or on my own.

    I love your picks for the week! It is so exciting to see the playground numbers growing, all thanks to you! They are so talented, too!

    No one is up to any mischief that I can see. The heat do you spose? I spose. Is the parrot still alive or did the donkey eat her? If she's still there, I may hire a guard for her, so you don't have to be on constant watch. Feathers on cards are all the rage now you know. Poor dear.

    No thanks, my friend, to another glorious free NBUS. I'm buried in the stuff! Hugs and kisses! Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a brilliant use of ribbon snippets Di. I love all the cards you've showcased but I really don't know how you choose. I'm off to visit some of the playmates but no thanks to the stamps this week x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for the link, Di, I find ribbon snippets to easy to hoard and so hard to use! Your card is so striking!

    I'm a 'No Thanks' for the stamps!

    I hope your week is going well!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh - two visits from me in one day!! I'll decline the stamps though- really must use ALL the ones I've got before any more take up lodging in my craft room!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Di - fabulous ribbon card - so pretty - hope you have a fabulous week - here is my #1 - be back soon... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your ribbon snippets card, it's a keeper, great technique. Fabulous showcases as usual, it must be so hard to pick just a few each week.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  28. Forgot o sy in all the excitement of being hijacked yes please to a chance for the stamps. I likes big. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Back with #2 - hope you are having a great week - Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Whew just snuck in there LOL - hugs Di... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Di, running late this week!! Love your ribbon snippets card, you've got me hunting out my bits of ribbon!

    Congrats to all for the great inspiration :)and no thank you to the lovely weekly goodies. Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.