Sunday 25 August 2013

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 87

Today's card is two-fold, it's a snippets card (as always on a Sunday) plus it's for Sarn's Rudolph Day challenge. If you don't already join in with Rudolph Day, now might be a good time as (whisper) it's gonna be September soon and when months end in 'er' that means that errrrrrr................December is waiting in the wings.

So, I made a Christmas card, two the same in fact:
This is supposed to be a bit 'tighter' as a wreath but you can't have everything :(

I used:

- 7" x 7" square white card stock, not as big as 8" square but a nice size to play with

- backing card is SU 'Real Red' from the snippets folder

- then I raided lots of green snippets and die cut quite a few leaves using a die set I've been itching to use. It's made by Dee's Distinctively and is called 'Wreath Builder'. There are four different leaves and it's such fun to use. To position the die cut leaves in a circle I just centred a circle die on the back of the card front and ran an embossing tool round it - gives a good guideline without having to use a pencil. I also did add some fern like fronds, punched with such a stiff punch I had to balance on it with my heel and then wave the other leg in the air like a ballerina complete with arms outstretched to get enough 'oomph' (ie. weight if you really wanna know). It worked and the punch survived - got this tip from Hettie (Sam)!

- added a few red and white pearls here and there as berries

- little satin hand tied bow at the top, stuck on with ultra strong very narrow DST as I'd have cried if glue had seeped through

- and the sentiment, which I actually stamped before assembling the wreath, was stamped using one of my 'always go to' stamps by Funstamps called 'Small Merry Christmas' and SU 'Real Red'. Have used this stamp so much over the many years since buying it - it sure doesn't owe me a bean!

So, that was my snippets card for this week - and it's also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for August.

Right, now for my picks of the week - gosh you girls make this so difficult!

Irene made six small Christmas cards, each one different and, as always, perfection.

Our 'Mum to be' Victoria scrapped her little bean's scan photos - aw. I hear that there's a queue in the Playground to be first to babysit baby when he or she arrives:)

Isn't this little hedgie card adorable? Made by Lynn - love how the snippets and the image colouring match perfectly.
Carol made one card and then followed up in the same post with this snippets beauty by using the negative after die cutting for the first card. Super image and what a super idea to emboss the patchwork  - something I've seen before in the Playground and keep meaning to try out as it always looks so good. Isn't the sheep in the wellies brilliant - after all the rain we had through the night here it's right at home in the Playground!
And finally, welcome to Benzi who came to play for the first time this week, bringing a lovely Autumn card. Great to see you and I hope you girls treated Benzi nicely.

The draw next, for the 'Water's Edge' stamp and the Marianne die set, which was won by:
Lynn (Hayes)
 
Well done Lynn, can you please let me have your snail mail address and the stamp and dies will be on their way to you ASAP. Grin, you already know my email address- and it's great we solved the linking problems. Way to go - hope you have fun with your prize!

And this coming week we also have a die set - yup, it's the same as the one I used today made by Dee's Distinctively and called 'Wreath Builder' - perfect for snippets. I can imagine a wreath cut from a mix of blue and silver or red and gold, or how about all pure white with perhaps a tickle of Glamour Dust here and there? Loads of ways to play and of course the leaves can all be used separately.


Plus, I'm adding a Christmas sentiments stamp set by  Daisy and Dandelion called ''Christmas Wishes'.
So what are you waiting for? Come and play girls.

The Playground will run as usual this week with the gates closing at 11am UK time on Saturday 31st August. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of the die set and stamps this week as shown above. Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

I promise to do that grab button ASAP for the Playground BTW!

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)

39 comments:

  1. I like your wreath Miss and that is a jolly good idea about making the circle on the back with your embossing tool. Think I will nab that. No thanky you for this weeks up for grabs as I have lots of leaf dies already which would work equally as well. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di - what fabulous entries last week - Victoria's layout is so fabulous - wish we were able to get pics like this when I had my baby - I only ended up with an xray type thingy - lordy knows where it is LOL - your wreath looks fabbo too - BRB... Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how you layered all those elements for that pretty wreath Di! Very festive and fun! Thanks for featuring my card with all those great entries! I'm very honored to be among them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic card with that cute little wreath! Love the die you used for this too.
    Great featured cards for the week and......
    WooHoo! I'll e-mail you right now about my win. I just love it when random picks my name. Thank you so much!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful wreath Di, those leaves would be really versatile. Lovely showcase again as always. I love all the inspiration in the playground :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. FABBYLICIOUS card and a great way to utilise your green snippets too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wahoo . . . wonderful wreath card using your snippets Di. Thanks for joining in with my challenge too!

    Great picks for the showcases.

    Have a great Sunday.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Di, Wow another fantastic card from yourself l love the dies but no thank you as l too have dies like them and what a great idea making yours into a circle so talented you are, great choice of cards from last weeks challenge and many congrats to Lynn enjoy your prize enjoy your bank holiday weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I am a newbie to your challenge and I cam to you via Scrappy Mo's blog. But I shall be back I can assure you, Your wreath is a very good idea. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di - posted all 3 entries at once this week as I had a very productive day with my stickers... have a great week Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just entered my snippet card!

    Lovely projects rom you today Di

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely wreath card, that looks like a really useful die.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there Di - you have given me such a good tip about the circle and the embossing tool - I always use a pencil and then struggle to get it off again!! Why didn't I think of it???? ROFL!!! Love your wreath card with the various shades of green plus the red. Just lovely!

    I only have some snippets on my Christmas card for the parcels and tags so I don't think it qualifies as the main part is made from new sheets.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    PS The Goulash looked sooooooo yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The maestro (aka Di) is allowing me to put my card on with the snippets I used on the parcels and tags. Thank you Di - what a gal!!!

    Hugs and giggles from Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Christmas card Di and some worthy snippets picks! No thank you to the dies and stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, what a beautiful wreath, Di. Congrats to the featured players and I'm so happy to be one of them. Thanks and so glad you liked my card. Congrats to Lynn on winning the stamp and die set. Happiness all around!!! Hi Parsnip.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Di, lovely card as usual. You must have a full box of Christmas cards all sat waiting for the BIG 'D' month. Think I need to get my act togther as I've 2 in the box! Arggh!
    I've just popped my entry in for this week and hope it's turned up ok. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gosh, i turned my back for a minute, well alright, a couple of hours and most everyone has come out to play :) Love your card, love the leaves and that tip about using a die as a guide for the circle is priceless ... I wouldn't have thought of that! All the lovely projects on the showcase has highlighted how few I visited over this last week ... must do better this week. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Playground is HOPPING today! Look at all the entries already!!

    I love your wreath card, Di! Great idea about the circle imprint, but do be careful leaping on punches like a flipping ballerina! (Great visual!)

    Thank you for the fantastic highlights! I wasn't able to get around this week and I missed seeing some of this wonderful card art!!

    No thank you to the pressie, but thank you. Congrats to Lynn for this week's win!

    Thank you for all you kind wishes last week. I'm feeling better every day, just like they always say will happen! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  20. So very much gorgeousness on display. Lovely die - how clever to make a wreath! Thank you for the chance Di, I have just entered this weeks first creation, will pop over later on next week to check out everyones pretty's too! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Big Congratulations to Miss Lynn! I'm so thrilled she got picked...
    Loved your wreath card, and now I'm wanting that die! (You enabler person!). Then I see further down, it's a prize(am I feeling greedy or what?) Well, got to get some snippety ones made. Good job on the wreath, and appreciate that tip for assembling on the embossed mark of a die. Laughed at the image of you punching, let me say that a few choice words will also help the process (or NOT!). Back later. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. Super snippets card, Di - a great one for my CHNC challenge extra for August - hope to see more of your festive makes soon (Sure I will) x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Brilliant Christmas card Di, love the use of the snippets in the wreath

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Where has the Noddy post gone?
    Saw it last night and couldn't get to it and again today, still can't get to it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Di,

    I love the wreath card! Hmm, is that a Christmas Card Counter on your sidebar that says you've made 70 Christmas cards already?

    I had a beautiful surprise!! You should have received an email from me and I did a post about my package.

    Much love - to you and Len!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gorgeous card there Di. Lovely wreath you have made there.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh that Mr. Linky....I think he is being Stinky....I will check back later to add my card, but for now... I like your card. I like your wreathe and I like the font on your sentiment. The girls did a great job this week, lots of creativity out there. Well off to see what trouble I can find. Have a most wonderful week....

    ReplyDelete
  28. oops...I forgot to add...I have too many toys, please don't consider me for this week's prize. I love them both, but I'm trying to be a good girl and use what I have.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Couldn't resist just dropping another entry in this week Di especially with all the tiny scraps I've put together. Looking forward to the party LOL! Have a fun day x

    ReplyDelete
  30. That is just a gorgeous wreath card - AMAZING !!!!
    I couldn't bear to make myself do Xmas this early though :-D
    Thank you for this Challenge.

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Di

    I hope you have had a lovely Bank Holiday weekend.

    Loving your Christmas wreath. To begin with I thought you had combined lots of different punches and dies.

    A great die set and a great collection of snippet makes from last week too.

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ok so where's me bit of cake then. Has Len scoffed the lot!!!!
    Hugs Hungry of Humpshire.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Back again Di, I just saw the counter on your side bar too, 70 xmas cards!! Woohoo! I am way behind :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  34. I will try to remember to play with snippets this week for Sunday's playground. I have given away a huge amount of snippets to a punch art making friend but I'm sure I can scrounge some. I love seeing what people have made and miss my internet visits hither and yon.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Lovely wreath, and I laughed at your 'jaws of disaster' posts!

    Very much like Lynn's little hedgies, must get more of those stamps :-)

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love holly! I love wreaths! I love this card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Home safe and sound...Mr Scrappymo snoring gently down the hall!
    Sliding in with one last card...lol

    ReplyDelete
  38. It's 4am and it's very dark and I'm all on me ownsome sitting on the swings. Gonna go see if I can nab an egg from the hen house for me breakfast. Did someone just breath on me neck? Now stop mucking about you lot! Where's me torch. Eek what have I just stood in? Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Di,
    Phew! I have just skipped inside the playground at the last minute.
    I was worried that I would get a late mark!
    Love your wreath card - fabulous!
    Thank you so much for my dinky brush, it was very kind of you.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.