Whilst waiting for 'Houdini the disappearing plumber' to arrive yesterday, I put my thinking cap on for the current Challenge over at 'Less is More' - which is to base your card on a film, and it's one layer as well this week. See if you can guess the film:
- A5 white card stock
- image printed directly onto the card from Clipart, I thought the shadow was hauntingly beautiful
- the sun was made by making a mask using a SU circular punch, Adirondack 'Mountain Rose' ink pad and a makeup sponge (a duster brush would have worked fine but I wanted to try a wedge shaped sponge as shown on Barbara Gray's demonstrations)
- the grasses are second generation stamping using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' - I tried every grey ink pad I have and this came the closest to what I wanted. The stamp came from The English Stamp Company's 'Oriental Clear Stamps - Set 3'
- the Japanese script came from the same stamp set, and I used Memento 'Tuxedo Black'
- final touch, a line drawn using a Whispers pen to pick up the peach colour of the sun
Ha, the place was like a bombsite with sample stampings, post-its and goodness knows what when I'd finished. There was a lot of pre-planning going on.
And the film? One of my very favourites .....'Memoirs of a Geisha' ..... based on the book (which I also love) by Arthur Golden.
I thought the Japanese script on the finished card was a subtle - or not so subtle - link to the 'memoires part' of the film title, but for all I know it could really read 'Sushi and chips all round please'!
'Houdini' is now due to be here first thing on Thursday morning - British Gas and their so-called 'Full Homecare Cover' are so not impressing me right now. Mind you, I think the supervisor I eventually insisted on speaking to might just have had a secret smile when I threatened to 'get up the ladders with the blow torch myself - after divesting myself of wellies and water wings'! Thankfully we're not at that stage just YET, it's still a manageable drip through a 3" square hole cut in the ceiling by Len - well over a week ago now :) Don't hold your breath!