Thursday 14 February 2013

Hearts away for Valentine's Day'

First of all my dear blogging friends, please forgive me but my hopping around WOYWW had to be put on hold, we had to do a little casualty rescue mission and are still reeling a bit. Our lovely little neighbour took a turn for the worst and Len jumped into his trusty steed like a knight in shining armour and charged off to casualty whilst I sort of ran around the house here wondering what was going on.

Abi is home again but it's not the end of it and, to be honest, I managed to cook dinner and then fell asleep from sheer exhaustion :( I will hop round in slow time I promise! Please send positive thoughts for a lovely teenager going through a tough time right now.

Today I've promised to take a friend out to Reading for some retail therapy and don't want to let her down. Even though I feel I could truthfully sleep for a week - but the trip will probably be good for me : (

Anyhow, I had to rustle up a Valentine's Day card super fast yesterday for Len while he was out playing Robin Hood at archery - yesterday morning - last minute as always:
I used:

- 5" x 7" white card stock

- Penny Black stamp called 'Hearts away', another stamp I've had for ages and never used - shame on me, coloured with Pro Markers then die cut with a Nesties heart, layered onto a scalloped Nesties heart, die cut from black card

- black card from the snippets folder

- red card with white glittered hearts on, also from the snippets folder (I think it came from Hobbycraft ages ago)

- sentiment by Hero Arts, layered onto a SU punched scallop oval - using a little snippet of red Core'dinations card

- Josy Rose red heart nail heads

Phew, it was a rush in case he came home early - that'll teach me to leave things right to the end stop :(

And then yesterday evening after things had been tough, he even went and brought out the lovely bouquet he'd hidden for Valentine's Day to make me smile again - what a guy!!

I'm entering this card into the following challenge:

Penny Black Saturday Challenge - where the theme is 'Love and Marriage'

Happy Valentine's Day Len - my knight in shining armour!!

Di
x

18 comments:

  1. Aww, isn't Len lovely - the perfect husband and neighbour - sending Abi my best wishes for a quick recovery :) Lovely card and he is sure to like it. Hope the shopping expedition is a good one - you'll enjoy being with your friend, I'm sure. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Di, what a day! Hope Abi is on the mend soon. Sounds like you need a treat out for you and how lovely of Len to give you the flowers early. Love the card, haven't seen that stamp before.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear about Abu, but she is very lucky to have such good neighbours. I hope she will soon recover. In the meantime, the day out will do you good and you will sleep better for it in the end. Take care of yourself and your lovely Len, who thoroughly deserves his gift. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so buisy in these days at work-happy Valentine's day Di,
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely husband!I hope he loved your card. It is a great image.
    I do hope your young neighbour is going to be OK.
    Enjoy your day out even if you are tired. take care.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eek! Poor little Abi . . . she is having a bad time lately. Please give her a gentle hug from me when you see her next. Sending positive vibes her way.

    On to your card . . . what a little cutie. Doesn't look last minute, so I think your secret is safe with us Di!

    And HOW SWEET of Len to hide your flowers and then give them to you early. Gawd bless 'im.

    Hugs to you too my tired little friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think you have one in a million there with your Len, Di ❤. Happy Valentines to you both.

    Sorry to near about Abi, sending her happy thoughts and well wishes 💓.

    And...... Your card is wonderful and certainly doesn't look rushed to me. Loving the heart nail heads, l used quite a few on those over the last couple of weeks 😃.

    Enjoy your shopping, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. gosh....... what a day and a half!!... hope you can relax with the shopping today and I hope your neighbour is better soon
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Len sounds a real sweetie. Hope Abi will be ok. Enjoy your day out!! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di, Oh this is gorgeous your Len will love you forever as he already does hopefully all has calmed down after yesterdays happening can be really frightening and tiresome hope you do some retail therapy and treat yourself enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, lovely image and great papers and very well rustled.
    Thought I'd better comment while I had your blog up in case blogger was being cantankerous again.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Ole Uncle Len. Poor Abi - sending a chilled kiss (freezing out here) from Amsterdam!
    Lovely card there Miss. Don't know what happened to B B Blogger - it decided it didn't want to put mine on this morning!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di

    Sounds like Valentine's Day was very eventful in your household.

    I hope that Abi is OK!

    I love your card for Len .. .. and I am sure he loved it too. I found the heart no problem!! LOL!!!

    I hope today goes better for you.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, gee, sorry to hear you had an apple cart upset, Di! Your Len is quite a guy and I love the Valentine you made for him!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope your neighbour is feeling better...that was a trying night!

    Your Len sounds like a gem...he's a keeper for sure!!

    Your card is lovely and does not look last minute at all...it looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. such an adorable card! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Di,

    You've been busy! I've been reading the posts up to this one. I love all the cards you made (especially that one for Luke). I've been working with some of my papers so I have snippets! I'll have to read the post for the guidelines.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    PS Has a package arrived at your doorstep yet?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous card......love the striking colour combo.
    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday x

    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.