Monday 25 February 2013

Not quite white on white for Rudolph Day

......  but I did set out to try, and then bottled out in favour of using a new die and gentle colours (thank you for the lovely die Scrappymo) - I eventually tracked down the matching stamp as well after searching a few continents :)
The die and matching stamp could be being phased out by Memory Box - why, oh why do companies do this when something works so well? I totally love this set and will be using it loads.

I used:

- A6 white card stock

- pale lavender Core'dinations backing card

- white card, embossed using SU's Textured Impressions 'Holiday Frame' folder

- stamped sentiment by Funstamps, called 'Small Merry Christmas' - I use this stamp a lot, it owes me nothing!

- Memory Box 'Flurry Wreath' stamp and matching die - I stamped using Tsukineko Brilliance 'Pearlescent Lavender'

- ready made little lavender satin ribbon bow with a silver bell - found a whole pack lurking in a box when I was scrabbling for potential ribbon to use

I confess, it took a few goes to emboss the card as it was creasing at either side (which is in fact the top and the bottom of the A6 folder - and sigh, I know now that it does have a distinctive top and bottom so don't peek too closely). I learned not to take the folder right through the Cuttlebug beyond the actual embossing point and it worked.....after three failed attempts! I get a Blue Peter badge for sheer this b*gger ain't gonna beat me determination.


Ooooh, and another thing. I used the glue gun to stick the bow onto the wreath and followed the advice given by Jules to just pick a little bit of hot glue from the end of the gun with a cocktail stick. Brilliant - it worked a treat. Thank you Jules -  great tip, and no more burned pinkies here.

So, this card is for Rudolph Day over at Sarn's - and remember you only have until Thursday to submit your entries as February is a very short month.

Oooh, Hazel reminded me that I can also link this into Craftyhazelnuts Christmas Challenge Extra as well.

And thank you again Maureen!

Di
x

31 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Di, love the ef with the wreath stamp & die. The colours are gorgeous too.

    Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very classy card Miss. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful, beautiful card Di.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty Di. Well done for your grit and determination.
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super pretty Di. I think the soft colour works really well. The die might have got lost if you'd stuck to your original plan. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the soft lavender colour and a very pretty folder
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Di - don't forget you could enter it for my CHNC challenge extra for February x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Di

    Your card is wonderful and amazing. I love the non traditional Christmas colours, they are so dreamy, and gorggeous embossing.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Miss! This is gorgeous! Love the softness of it and well done for perse...persuv...sticking with it!
    And a spot of lilac on there too!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card, love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This Di is absolutely gorgeous and what an amazing die and the coloured petals/snowflakes are stunning lovely ribbon your so good with your ribbons and nice that you added the bell too! wonderfully presented xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. You worry way tooooo much, Di, I can't see a thing wrong with your beautiful embossing :) Lovely card, love the dinky wee bell. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this Di, it's gorgeous. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I feel your pain. I hate it when things don't go the way I want them too. Very nice card, your determination paid off. Your color choice was perfect and I like the little bell. Great touch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very stylish Di. It's beautiful. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - it was really worth the perseverance though Di. You've ended up with a beautiful result.

    Thanks for entering.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ringleader? Mrs A? She wrote the flamin' book! Just sayin. X

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my gosh...I can't believe i gave you only half of something! I will bring a you a new "stand alone MB die to amke up when I see you in August! I will make sure it doesn't require a stamp!!! Still no firm date as my cousins are in Australia for the month of Feb!

    We will check diaries wehen they get home and then secure an itinerary.

    So the card looks fab...sorry about not realizing it needed a stamp! I love the non traditional colours. I think it needed that little burst of colour so stand out. Great tip about the hot glue. i am going to try that as I am always worried the bows and flowers will drop off in the envelope enroute!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW!!! Love this soooo much!! Fabulous! I agree, why do they discontinue things? It's like foodstuffs that they 'improve' when there's nothing wrong with the original!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for linking for my CHNC challenge extra for February, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooo Di, I love the die, fabulous card, love the added touch of the pale lavender, super.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Di, this wreath is so pretty on the embossed oval! It's good you got this set before it's gone.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful and a classic looking card. Love the mauve wreath and tiny bow with charm. It is amazing how simple white can look so good both embellished or not!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMGoodness - how totally perfect !!! Classic and so stylish - I LUV this a lot :-) xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Di

    Fabby Christmas make .. .. pleased you managed not to burn your fingers LOL!!

    That is one gorgeous stamp and die set and I love the touch of lilac.

    I think they phase these things out to make us panic and buy them .. .. only to have a further release later "due to popular demand". Oh dear .. .. I sound a bit cynical there LOL!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow! This is gorgeous! Love the dry embossing way. And the color feets just perfect. Thanks for joining CHNC Extra challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  27. beautiful!! Love all the embossing!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's beautiful Di, love that MB stamp and die combo and you've chosen beautiful, soft colours too.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. Not sure what you meant by the creases in your EF...I didn't see any! This is so elegant...I love that EF folder. The die is a new one for me, I shall look for it! Thanks for the heads up on it needing a stamp. (I've had the same problem with some dies...get the die, hunt for a stamp that is not carried anymore!) You did a fantastic effort on this classy card, and the non-traditional colors work beautifully. Great card, TFS. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely elegant card. To avoid creasing, try adding slip of cheap paper on top of card. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Gorgeous card love the white and the softnes of the blue colour.
    Hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.