Saturday 9 February 2013

Especially for a Kraft card loving pal

I have a blog buddy who 'says is as it is' - and she thinks that Kraft card is like wrapping paper or those old fashioned paper bags from our youth :) Good point, but I made this the other day - just to make her teeth itch, evil little monkey that I am:
A couple of people noticed the little round dots in all colours of the rainbow lying on my desk on WOYWW, left over after the holes had been punched in the SU card swatch I'd been making. Yup, they were just sitting waiting for inspiration to come calling.

I used:

- 6" x 6" square Kraft card

- a snippet of SU's 'Wild Wasabi' card stock, die cut twice with Marianne Creatables die number LR0120

- cream snippets die cut with Joy! 6002/024 daisies die. I left each flower in the die after cutting it and rubbed it over with a smidgen of Memento 'Toffee Crunch' ink using a finger dauber before removing it and then did the 'rubbing in the centre with a flower shaper' trick just to raise the petals a bit

- a selection of those little coloured circles - still lots left to ponder on :)

- my current favourite SU stamp from the 'Four Frames' set, stamped with 'Wild Wasabi' and the sentiment itself is from LOTV's 'Small General Greetings' set - and of course I used the matching SU punch

As usual, the SU paper and ink are a much better match in real life than the photo seems to infer :(

Kathleen, this one is just for you today! Snigger :)

Di
x

16 comments:

  1. What are you like? I have to say I rather like it :-)
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit, I am not keen on Kraft, though i have used it for a couple of challenges. But this is a sweet card, and the coloured flower centres give it a great lift. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. another one not keen on kraft but I do think this is rather effective and fab use of your dots lol
    Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh Di, you cheeky monkey, playing such a trick on your friend, lol. I like kraft card, although a lot of my friends don't. I think your card is really pretty, and yup, it was very clever to use up those pesky little circles. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww Di, This is gorgeous l love Kraft card its so Elegant to use and l like you use my dots from punched out bits your flowers are gorgeous great flourish, and Sentiment have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmm, seems like I am not alone from a few of the comments above.
    Did lol though. Well, I presume it is me, if the cap fits, wear it.
    Love the flowers and the swirl and the little dots.!!!????, enough said.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    Kathleen xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Snigger snigger!! lovely work, love your thoughtfulness, Di! :D Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tee hee . . . you little Minx.

    Poor Kathleen!

    I didn't realise there was such divided opinion on Kraft card until I read your comments. I'm in the LOVE IT camp.

    I think this card is FAB and I can't believe you even used the hole punch outs . . . ingenius.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Not even I am so frugal as to use hole punch waste on my craft projects - super-frugal you! :)
    I cannot live without Kraft paper and card - nothing else makes a good 'hinge' for a box - it doesn't crack on the creases, and holds ink beautifully.
    AND I like the old-fashioned brown paper home-crafting look that Kraft gives - it matches with Christmas green and red wonderfully.

    Have a great weekend - I'm thinking of stripping my craftroom of all superglue products *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's my gal!!! Using up your punched holes like a proper good girl should. Just been to a SU party where we all made cards and the others left snippets of triangles (cut from making points in the banners) and bits of ribbon on the desk. So I vacummed them all up into me bag and brought them home!!!! What a waste. Hugs Mrs Frugal.

    ReplyDelete

  11. Just thought, should have added this in my earlier comment, and it is the first time I have commented in a morning, I am surprised that you didn't also add a butterfly to the card.

    Kath xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful card, love the flowers and the creative little centers:O) I seem to shy away from Kraft,it kind of baffles me but I sure love what other do with it!

    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. You naughty girl you!! I am afraid I am in the Love it gang too!
    This truly is a Snippets card!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I LOVE this!!! Is it for Lynne or Kath?!
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.