Time for a new Snippets challenge HERE - the theme is 'Christmas in July' - and to enter you must make something that adheres to the Christmas theme and also uses one or more identified snippets. We have two consecutive challenges with the 'Christmas in July' theme - and also two bumper Christmas goodies prizes, one per challenge, to be won in plenty of time for your Christmas crafting!
Here's my Christmas snippets card:
- a mini slimline white card blank, measuring 6.25" x 3.25 - tent style
- then covered the front of the card using a piece of beige (not as lilac as it flippin' looks in the photo) toned paper from a Whimsy Stamps slim line paper pack called 'Champagne'. That had been die cut using the biggest die from Lawn Fawn's stitched border 'Large Mini Slimline Stackables' set of dies
- the outline for the parcels 'line-up' was die cut using a snippet of 'Tonic Gold' mirror card and the Simon Says Stamp die called 'Brilliant Gifts'. This is yet another goodie first spotted in the Playground here. Probably over at Lynne R's blog as I dutifully fall in love with all of her new stuff!
- at the same time I die cut the sentiment using more little snippets of 'Inca Gold mirror card (every scrap is always too precious to throw away) - using a Tonic Studios 'Mini Moments Merry Christmas' die
- then glued the 'line of die cut parcels outline' onto the card front using a fine glue pen. Man, that was tricky-woo!
- next I used a piece of 'shades of gold colour' designer paper, chosen from Lawn Fawn's 'Watercolor Wishes' petite paper pack for the main portions of the parcels. Used the paper running 'down' the shades rather than across as they suggest - to create an ombre effect across the little line up and making life easier than lots of mixed colours - for this first play
- and, 'one piece at a time', carefully glued each empty space in the parcel line-up and added its matching 'shades of gold' Lawn Fawn paper insert
- finally, added the die cut sentiment to the top right hand corner
- and, of course I made two cards exactly the same!
The slim line pack of paper is absolutely gorgeous - very reminiscent of the Whimsy 'Blurry Flurries' 6 x 6 paper pad, which I also adore
This card is for Darnell's NBUS Challenge #40 over HERE.
Pupdate: It's been a bit of a time for Dudley lately, bath, home clip and scissor trim, claws clipped and his monthly application of Advocate anti-flea meds. Add him being sick on a car journey and he's been through the mill! Poor little scrap. It's certainly not left him much time to get into mischief!