Sunday 3 July 2022

Far out!

It's been a week since I posted on here, for various reasons. I began this card hoping to join in with the Allsorts Challenge for a 'girlie' card but didn't finish it in time for the closing deadline. However, I would like to enter it into the current Allsorts Challenge #683, choosing the option of 'Anything Goes':

I used:

- a UK sized DL white card blank - side opening

- a sheet of patterned paper from the wonderful Whimsy Stamps 'Taffy' slimline paper pack which just had a little trimmed from both ends. It's such a psychedelic pack of papers! Or did I just dream that? ☺

- the image is from a lovely (discontinued) stamp set by MFT called 'Far Out', can't even find any images of it on the internet

- stamped the image and sentiments onto pieces/snippets of white card using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad

- fussy cut the image using tiny embroidery Fiskars scissors, reserved purely for use on paper

- coloured the image using Polychromos pencils - to pick out the background paper colours

- glued the panel of psychedelic paper onto the card front

- then (sigh) decided that the image would be swamped if placed directly onto the vibrant background. So, I die cut a white snippets backing using two dies from the Spellbinders 'Hemstitch Rectangles Venise Lace' set of dies ** then glued the image onto it (a waste of that fussy cutting!)

- snipped up the sentiment words using scissors

- then glued the  image to the panel, image panel to the card front and then the snipped up words

- finished!

Despite the Whimsy slimline papers being a little on the tall and narrow side, they are all so lovely! This pack especially is reminiscent of the days of LSD etc.Not that I ever ventured, a little before my time I promise, but we've all seen enough films about the visual effects of 'dabbling'.

And as so often happens, it's brighter in real life too - the light was streaming onto wherever I tried when I took the above photo.

** The rectangular hemstitched dies I used for the white panel came from my own duplicate set of the Spellbinders die set, forming part of this current challenge's prize. Well worth playing and still plenty of time to hop over and enter!

As the MFT stamps set, the Whimsy papers AND the set of hemstitch dies were having their very fist outing, I'd like to enter my card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #40 HERE.

Dudley 'Pupdate'. A quiet week on the 'trouble' front for Dudley with no news of mischief - either he's hiding it or we're getting used to it! When he was not 100% toilet trained he did sometimes hide a little 'poop' in the dining room, nice choice of room - so nothing would really surprise me. The hedgies are out and about every evening, and they fascinate him - he never touches them but they do get a good sniff! He's four years old later on in July - how did that happen, where did time go? He had a bath yesterday so we all got a good soaking - right now he's really white and fluffy, still with those pretty peach tinged ears. And, they're growing back nicely since Len had to give them a serious trim a while back.



22 comments:

  1. Love your card Di! I think I had trousers like that 😂 xxx Dudley four?!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card - shame it wasn't in time for the challenge. Dare I say beware of a quiet Dudley, he could be conserving his energy for a bit of birthday mayhem 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww - that card is "far out man". It's absolutely fab IMHO and that Hemstitch die (currently available to win in the Playground) looks GREAT!

    Yeah - I'm with Val on being wary of Dudley's apparent good behaviour! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card Di, and thanks for the Pupdate - I wonder what Dudley is planning...
    Blessings
    Maxine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute card where the language takes me back to my teen years! Far Out was an expression we all used back then! LOL Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect paper for your little flower girl Di. I have those hemstitch dies and should use them more often! A fab fun card x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynne, I expect I actually spotted those dies on one of your blog posts in the first place. They've been waiting to be used for a while! x

      Delete
  7. Oooh, gorgeous card. Love that taffy paper and your little hippy is so cute. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. So beautiful is your card Di lovely layout and image x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adorable card!!! Love so much the paper you used and the sweet hippy girl!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute card, Di! So perfectly girly! Glad you were able to join in with us this week following our AG option at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Far out? AH! Those were the days and this card represents them wonderfully Di, I LOVE it.
    Faith x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great psychedelic card, I love it. It reminds me of my teenage years as a hippie! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, Di! Your retro card is so cool! I adore the retro style! Fabulous papers and cute girl! Love the die-cut! And I think Dudley should get an extra treat for good behaviour! Hoping to see hedgie photos in due time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Once again you show us how to combine paper and image perfectly Di! Is Dudley really four this month? It amazes me how quickly the time speeds by - such precious moments (although I don't obviously include the poop in the dining room in that!!) Hugs, Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a sweet and pretty image Di and love that hemstitch frame and the swirly multi coloured background paper you have used is absolutely perfect. Thinking about Dudley brings to mind the expression 'the calm before the storm' ..lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Groovy card Di! :) Love the background paper. xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fantastic card Di, I love the words that you've chosen to add to the picture too.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is adorable, Di! What a great card for a teen or tween girl! Love the added sentiments! I loved seeing this in the NBUS gallery!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh what a fun card, Di! I do love the hemstitch dies! Glad Dudley has been behaving himself--as far as you know--haha!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Di, I love your card: what a great and cute image. It's great for a girl that has to wear spectacles and I know this is sometimes so hard!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your far out throwback card, Di! Sorry about the waste of fussy-cutting, but the hemstitch panel showcases her so nicely. Hard to believe dear Dudley is four! He sniffs the hedgies?! Do you have photos? I'm so behind in visiting, but I am going to take a few minutes and look back to see if you've posted any of them together. That would be so cool! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.