Today is Len's Birthday and boy was I stumped for a card idea! I have a few in the 'everyday' box of cards and one of those was perfect from Dudley - but I wanted something he hadn't seen before from me.
Eventually, Vicky's brilliant card that she made HERE popped into my mind and that was the starting point. She used a die set, won in the Snippets Playground, so I took it from there as I've had the same set of dies waiting since May to be used. I would have loved to do a total CASE of her card but that seemed like a step too far, so I came up with this:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- a snippet of Tonic 'Red Vellum' pearlescent card, trimmed to leave just a narrow border
- a snippet of Neenah 'Desert Storm' card, die cut using Poppy Stamps 'Fading Dot Border' die the trimmed to create a sort of 'tool peg holder board' along the top and bottom
- adhered that strip to a strip of the 'Red Vellum' card (which I'd cut in one swoop to the same width as the backing panel) and then trimmed it top and bottom to leave just a small margin. I did this step to allow me to move stuff around rather than adhere the 'peg' board straight onto the red panel
- then die cut a selection of
woodworking tools from a snippet of silver mirri card, using the Sweet
Dixie 'DIY Tools' set of dies and the Altenew 'Mini Blossom' baby die
cutting machine - ready to work out the positioning of the whole card
- checked the positioning and glued the 'tool peg board' to the Red Vellum' front panel and trimmed off both sides (from the back)
- die cut the sentiment from another snippet of silver mirri card using the Altenew 'baby' die cutting machine and an IO die from the 'Birthday Top Edgers' set Impressions and trimmed the bottom off to just leave a narrow border
- glued the whole front panel to the card front
- glued the sentiment just above the 'peg board' , using a glue pen
- added the die cut tools to hang down from the 'peg board'
- added a hot fix silver Josy Rose nail head to each corner
It's a super-appropriate card really as one of 'Handyman Len's' Birthday presents is yet another type of electric saw to play with.
I'd like to add this card into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #31 as it was a first outing for the set of DIY Tool dies.