I wanted to make a Valentine's Day card for Len that wasn't too mushy and also avoided the usual black, red and white I seem to have favoured for his previous V Day cards.
I found a pre-loved stamp set in my NBUS box and followed the example on the back of the packet - bingo! This was the result:
- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, side opening
- snippet of white card, bigger than I needed, with the bottom masked off with a Post it
- used SU 'Certainly Celery' mini ink pad and a soft cosmetic brush to blend innk in the green 'grass', then a very light blue pad for the blended sky
- next stamped the tree using Versafine 'Vintage Sepia, in, the Misti and a stamp from the pre-loved Penny Black ''Love in bloom' stamp set
- removed the Post it note and stamped the word 'Love' onto the white panel at the bottom of the tree, using a stamp from SU's 'Weather Together' stamp set, the Misti and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink
- used my Ziggies (neat/straight from the brush) to colour the leaves - very therapeutic stuff although the brush end itself is very flexible if you're trying to colour small areas
-decided to skip die cutting the rectangle and just trimmed the piece of card with the image and sentiment on to suit then mounted it onto another slightly bigger rectangle of SU's 'Certainly Celery' card
- stuck the front panel onto the card front - all using Collall All Purpose glue - and called it done!
The Penny Black plus the SU 'Weather Together' stamp sets are both NBUS, so I can enter this into Darnell's NBUS Challenge #23 - hooray!
I think Len will like it as it's a bit different and also quite cheerful. We could all do with some cheerful right now!
BTW, he never looks at my blog so am safe posting this beforehand.