Sunday 30 June 2019

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Challenge #354 - results


One extreme to the other down here in Hampshire - now it's roasting hot! But, not as bad as Europe is having.

In Southern Germany, where Kai and the grand daughters live, apparently they went to the local swimming pool to try and cool off - and it was standing room only ............. in the water! I had to giggle - the image popped into my head of every now and then a cry of 'about turn' and everyone turning 180 degrees in unison - to make sure they don't get too fried on one side or the other of their shoulders! I think they gave up and went home in fact :)

It's too hot to spent too long at the laptop, and I also have a few things to be getting on with so let's press straight on.

As always, it's so hard to pick just three of your lovely entries - but here goes, and I literally had to put six names in a hat and draw three of them as I just couldn't choose.

Ah, but on top of the three we also have a *Gold Star* pick - not had one of those for a while:
And it's our very talented Jane of Jane's Journal who gets a *Gold Star* - to add to one she won back in 2018. The amount of work and detail in this card is amazing - lots of layers and tons of snippets used as well! I love it Jane, so much depth and the sentiment actually made me well up here!

And our three picks are: 
Chandini (our twins) who hopped in with this great shirt shaped card. I've seen paper folded shirts as card 'toppers' before, and made my own in the past, but have never seen a card actually folded into a more casual shirt shape (and opening like this one does) other than a 'dress shirt with a tie'.  Very clever - and one that some of you might want to try for yourselves perhaps!

Now this card, which Sandy brought to share with us, is very inspirational. With the right papers, and a few snippets, you could make a load of really great Christmas cards in (hopefully) super-quick time! I'm certainly going to whizz through my hoard of Christmas papers and rustle a few up.

And I also picked this card, made by Chris for Darnell's fabulous 'Twofer' card challenge. I love the fresh and clean look - and it's great to see Chris crafting once again. If you hop over for a peek then you'll also see the other 'Bees' card - which is also brilliant!

No new Playmates this time round week and 52 entries.

Time now for the prize draw which is for a Concord & 9th 'Lily' set of stamps and a set of The Works 'Stitched Circles' dies, and the winner is:
Gail (ionabunny)
Well done Gail - I know from a quick check that it's at least a year since you won one of the normal fortnightly prizes. Please send me your address, with your full name at the top as well so I can copy and paste or just write straight from the email onto the envelope - for speed and ease. It's also confirmation that you still would like the prize of course and I'll post your prize once I hear from you. Please put Playground Winner or similar in the subject line of your email in case it drops into my junk mail. Email address is on RH sidebar as always.

Remember folks, there's still almost another week to run on Challenge #355 - you can find it HERE. The prize is a Clearly Besotted  'Perfect Pigs' stamp set along with a matching set of 'Perfect Pig' dies. These are discontinued so it could be your best chance of laying your sticky little paws on them!
No new photos of Dudley - sorry. He's off for a trim this coming Thursday and I've spoken to his Auntie Steph in Winchester and forewarned her that we really think it's time for a puppy cut. I only found out very recently that, between about 12 and 18 months old, Havanese get their adult coat and many people do find that a puppy cut is the best whilst that's going on due to the endless de-matting needed. I can vouch for that one!

Dudley loves to lie on the cool tiled floors around the house - and we also have a 'cool mat' for him as well. To be honest, the breed comes from Cuba so they're generally well able to cope with the heat - but of course it's good to give him all the options to keep cool.

So far so good with the preventative meds, it's coming up to two week since I started taking the pills and (apart from a few niggly pains which have been more like a little reminder) so far so good. Fingers firmly crossed.

Love from Parsnip, Dudley - and of course me,





17 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for picking our card in top three, congrats to other picks and winners too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great picks - it must be so difficult to chose each time and you do a good job. Good news on your meds - keep taking the pills as they say!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greats picks Di and congratulations to Gail enjoy your win, pretty windy here today overcast all day yesterday and too hot the day before our weather is so changeable enjoy your day and hugs to Dudley xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to everyone and thanks for the constant inspiration of seeing your wonderful projects! Stay cool Di! Keep making Christmas cards to feel cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks again this time Di and a well deserved gold star for Jane with her wonderful undersea world. Congratulations to Gail for winning the great prize too. So pleased the preventative meds are work well and not too much pain to worry about. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winner and the top picks. Beautiful work. [Bunny]``

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to the winner and top picks, lovely cards and all so different x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh Di! How excited am I at being a top pick! Thank you so much, I am grinning from ear to ear especially as I am in such awesome company the the other top picks and the wonderful gold star! Congratulations to Gail too for winning the fab prize. Thank you again. Hugs xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I meant to say thank you for your lovely words too! XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picks and congrats to the gold star and the lucky winner!!!
    Here we are melting.... It's so HOT!! :(

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations to the Top Picks and Gold Star winner! Wow...fabulous!!
    Big congrats to my crafty pal, Gail, for her win, too. Yay!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great picks, Di. Glad you're feeling better too xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I'm a pick! Awesome; thanks for your kind words.
    Take care in the heat. I live in a place where those temperatures are common, and it's still hard to function sometimes when it gets really hot.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks so much for picking me as the lucky winner. I've emailed you. Congrats to the top picks. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  15. So glad you're doing well with the preventative meds, Di! Hope you get some nice weather. Glad Dudley can take the heat. Fritz absolutely loves to lay in the sun. I have to bring him in or he'd have a heat stroke--haha! Great picks & congrats to Gail!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow Di, I have just got back from hols and I am catching up. Thanks SO much for my gold star. It is really appreciated..my mermaid card took me the best part of 2 days to make, a real labour of love. Lovely picks as always and well done to Gail. I am so glad that you are getting better to and PLEASE come to Dotty's one day. I would love that. Just as a head's up we are planning a "meet the maker day" at Dotty's on Thursday 11th July....
    Hugs Jane xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations to the winners, great selection Di as always. So pleased to read things are improving for you.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.