- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank, tent style
- slightly smaller piece of white card
- snippets of white card onto which I stamped three little piggies using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and stamps from Clearly Besotted's 'Perfect Pigs' set of stamps
- coloured the piggy images with Pro markers and then die cut them using the matching set of dies. I love Clearly Besotted dies as they don't need templates, I just eyeball the alignment (not always perfectly but that's down to operator error)
- then I took the piece of card which I'd trimmed to slightly smaller than the card front and die cut three circles - and at that point realised that there would be too much of a gap at the top of the image panel so I trimmed that, and the card blank down by quarter of an inch. leaving the side to side measurement the same size
- backed the piece of white card with a snippet of Dovecraft Back to Basics patterned paper - which only just fitted, phew
- then stamped the sentiment using the same black ink again and also stamped three small hearts from the same set of stamps, which I then coloured using Pro markers
- backed the image panel with some fun foam and glued it to the card front
- finally, stuck the three little piggies in place using thin sticky pads
Really enjoyed making this card - it would look every bit as good just using one little piggy (perhaps with the 'Miss You Pig Time' sentiment from the set), but I wanted to show more than one pig as it's naturally up to be won!
So, the prize this fortnight is:
As always, the Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 6th July. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
It's a maximum of ONE entry, please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Remember, if you link into the Playground and don't say clearly that you want to be in the draw in a comment on here, then you will be bypassed if your name comes out of Mr Linky. I'm sure you all know I ask for a positive 'yes' on the blog post itself - just in case you're playing only for fun - otherwise I don't add you to my little list.
I thought there would be no photos of Dudley again - but on Thursday we took some after his regular brushing session. A video clip would have been such fun but you'll get the idea from the photos that were taken in quick succession:
|Looking so cute and his coat perfectly brushed|
|We really ought to be more aware when Dudley grins - it means that mischief is coming|
|Sure enough - he made a dash for the sofa at the far end of Len's study and started to dig for Britain! Thank goodness we have a protective cover in place :)|
|Phew - that was exhausting - digging over and all your hard work undone Dad!|
|But - when I look at you like this - you just melt ... and I know it too!|
Lots of love from us all - Parsnip, Dudley and of course me,