- 4" x 4" square white card blank, side opening
- snippet of pretty LOTV paper from their 'Woodland Wishes' paper pad - just as a strip down one side of the card and glued in place (I showed this idea as a fortnightly pick just recently, made by Heather HERE. Sigh, I didn't add a teensy strip of plain down one edge of the patterned paper which really does give a nicer and more finished look I think. But, I did at least remember to co-ordinate the colours in the images with the paper!)
- a snippet of white card stamped using stamps from the Reverse Confetti 'Christmas Cheer' set of stamps, then coloured in using Pro markers
- then I die cut the shapes using the matching set of dies - the cuts are quite intricate so I really wouldn't have wanted to tackle them by hand cutting. I did die cut aligning templates to be on the safe side - and one thing that really is such a help is to use coloured card for the templates so you can clearly see the white outline when you're lining the die etc, up ready for cutting
- just added a little stripe of grey Pro marker to 'ground' the elf and Christmas goodies before gluing the die cuts in place
- then stamped the sentiment, using one of the sentiments from the same set of stamps and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink before die cutting them using a die from a very old Spellbinders 'Nested Pennants' set of dies
- then drew round the same pennant die on the reverse side of another snippet (plain green this time) from the same LOTV paper pad and carefully cut it out - making sure I had angled corners and pointed ends on the pennant as the die itself is rounded off a bit
- glued the sentiment to the green backing and then glued it onto the card front
Whilst at it I made a little run of four of these cards, two with boy elves on and two with girls and also alternated the colouring. Ha, so that's a start for 2019's Christmas cards! Of course, a lot of the fun is choosing how to colour these lovely images, the permutations are pretty varied really.
This is the first time I've come across Reverse Confetti and I do like their products - the stamps are lovely and clear and the dies really don't cut any corners either - if an area can be cut out then it is!
So, here's today's prize:
At the end of all of the celebrations I'll do a massive draw session for all the prizes using the one Mr Linky - which is on the main snippets post HERE - so you do need to have entered one snippets make over on that post during this fortnight to be in with a chance :) Maximum of one entry please - to keep things fair for those who may not have time to craft. Mr Linky closes at 11am on Saturday 5th January so you do need to have added a snippets make by then to be eligible for the draw.
Just leave a comment on this post if you would like the chance to win today's prize. The prize is obviously not going to be split, grin.
Keep checking for more prizes! My battle now is to try to finish making the last of the sample cards to showcase the prizes yet to come, fingers crossed I'll manage - somehow!