Wow, it's July already folks! And needless to say the weather has been typical for Wimbledon fortnight. Sigh :(
My card today is for Merry Monday's current challenge (Blue, Gold, White/Silver), as well as Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge 287 (use a sentiment) and also Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for July. I made six cards, all the same, in a frantic burst to keep on top of the 12 cards per month target:
- 4" x 5.75" white card blanks
- plain white card, cut smaller than the card front then die cut with a Memory Box 'Tall Taper Candle' die
- then backed the aperture in the piece of card with adhesive sheet, used the removed wax paper to protect the sticky front while I worked and then put the card front to one side. I was making six as I said, so it was a bit like a production line and exposed sticky was likely to be a risk :)
- pearlescent Baby Blue 'Centura' card for the body of the candle, silver mirri card for the entwining
ribbon plus the border outline and gold mirri card for the centre of the flame
- inlaid/assembled the candle and ribbon into the sticky backed aperture I cut earlier
- for added interest I used gold mirri card as a partial frame behind one side of the image panel and layered everything up using Collall All Purpose glue
- to finish off I added a gold peel off
It's hard to spot the difference between the gold and silver in my photo but the gold half frame really did pull the other touches of gold (candle flame and sentiment) together. The camera also had great trouble focussing, probably due to the bounceback of light. Don't ask me how to operate my all-singing all-dancing camera on anything more than Auto though!
I just checked back through my blog and it's only the third outing for this die - once in 2014, once in 2015 and now this time. Shame on me!
Christmas isn't as far away as you might think, the postman brought a menu plus booking form for Christmas parties at a local eatery the other day!