We had a lovely time (in Southern Germany), and of course we weren't camping! Which is just as well, given the flash flooding just shortly after we safely arrived at our destination after driving from the airport. It came much too close for comfort! We were there to spend quality time with the little grand daughters (Mia and Livi) and Kai, their brilliant Mama - as always, we came home in need of a rest :) And the pop-up tent that some of you remember now resides in Germany - the girls have a huge play room in the cellar where Len and Kai, whilst I rolled around laughing, mastered the art of putting said tent up and also (much more challenging) folding it away again. That young woman is a whizz at fathoming things out and we feel sure she'll cope fine with perhaps a little bit of a helping hand from Mia - just at one crucial point in the process. I did eventually scamper upstairs for my camera - but was too late 'cos I returned just as they'd just finished off packing it away for the final time :(
With more of the family, we all had a gorgeous meal at Bad Waldsee, overlooking this beautiful lake one evening:
And this is a tower over one of the gates to the pretty little town. You can see the ominous rain clouds lurking, although we did manage to grab a few hours of sunshine here and there:
We took quite a few photos of the girls of course, this one is actually my favourite as they were much too preoccupied to even notice it being taken. They're growing up so fast:
Straight onto my snippets card now:
- 4" x 6" white card blank
- a slightly smaller snippet of turquoise card stock as a backing
- a slightly smaller again snippet of white card stock with 'waves' die cut using a Memory Box 'Breezy Waves' die - and then the back of the 'waves' were covered with a rectangle of double sided adhesive sheet so that the apertures were backed with sticky
- glued the turquoise layer and the die cut layer onto the card front. Little tip, if you've have open sticky apertures like I had - use the layer of waxed paper you peeled off to expose the sticky to cover it up again whilst you work
- die cut three shades of turquoise card snippets for the waves and inlaid them into the die cut apertures
- stamped the boat and seagulls using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink onto white card - using stamps from the Lawn Fawn 'Float My Boat' stamp set
- coloured the sails of the boat using a yellow Pro Marker then die cut the boat and seagulls using the matching Lawn Fawn set of dies
- stamped the sentiment using SU's 'Real Red' and one of the sentiments from the stamp set
- die cut the sentiment with a Spellbinders 'Nested Pennant' die. Another tip, the sentiment was too long for the die so I just die cut one end at a time - moving the die and making sure I only partially cut the length of the sentiment
- then glued everything in place - and called it finished
The stamp set comes with various really fun sentiments plus a teeny heart, a life saver and an anchor - oh, and a stamp which would make great waves too. The life saver and anchor also have matching dies in the set I used - but it seemed a step too far to throw too much at the one card.
I know that I originally spotted a similar card on a Playmate's blog and rushed off to buy the goodies immediately - quite a while ago now. Needless to say I can't find which one of you lovely peeps inspired me and I've searched high and low in Blogland - if it was you, do please let me know and I'll add your name here.
Time for a 'peek at the picks' from the last two weeks.
And last but not least, here's a card to possibly make your eyes deceive you:
Which reminds me - Darnell's trip to England from mid-July is fast approaching so do go and see if she's likely to be within reach on her visit. First stop is Southampton - yay!!
So, I did better than I thought and had five picks from each of the two weeks. Having said that, I could have had many, many more as always! You really do come up with some wonderful snippets makes and it's always so hard to whittle down my list to a manageable number :(
Now for the two prize draws:
Week 231 - the Frantic Stamper 'Good Friends Daisy Frame' die set and adhesive eraser:
Week 232 - the Impression Obsession 'Girl Swinging' and 'Love' die:
This coming week's prize is made up of stamps and dies, the same as I used today - Lawn Fawn 'Float My Boat' and Memory Box 'Breezy Waves'. Plus a lovely extra set of Memory Box dies called 'School of Fish' - which I think might look such fun underneath the waves, kindly donated by Mary Anne:
Just realised, it's our local village carnival on Saturday 18th June - which may have an effect on things. Certainly the Playground gates will close and open as usual as I can arrange/schedule that ahead of time - my snippets card will be here along with the new Mr Linky and details of the new week's prize. But, I may not have a chance to do the prize draw for the Sunday Snippets post - and possibly not the weekly picks. I'm loathe to alter the Playground closing and opening times so there's a chance you might have to hop back on the Monday or Tuesday to check out the winner and possibly the picks. I'll do my best but have a feeling that we'll be helping out on the Saturday morning ready for the afternoon's fun and games! Just hope we have good weather!
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you only want to play for either of the die sets or the stamp set then just say so in your comment and if you win then I'll do a further draw for the other item(s). But, it's one whole prize if you wish. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Wishing you all a lovely week, with more sunshine and certainly no flash floods!
I hope this post works OK, for some reason whenever the mouse floats over the post in edit mode stuff jumps here and there! I've been and tweaked some rogue HTML but am loathe to tinker further. It's jumping round like a jack in the box even as I type this closing sentence!! I'm OFF!!
Di and, of course, Parsnip