This is a scheduled post with my snippets card, a new Mr Linky for the coming week - and a new prize for the coming week as well.
As already said last week, I'm at 'teacher training' right now and will be doing a grand 'peek at the picks' round-up of last week (and this coming week) next Sunday, 12th June. At the same time, I'll also do the prize draws for last week and this coming week, so next week will be a bit of a bumper post!
I'll be around well before then but thought it best to keep to the
routine of publishing the Playground results on a Sunday. Please note
though, there's a new Mr Linky today and also a fresh prize to be won - so I hope you will find time to come and play on the swings. Parsnip is in charge and for a token fee is prepared to give you a push as well as turn a blind eye to any hooch etc. As Lynn (Linby) rightly said the other week - he really is a mercenary little bear! Which reminds me, I caught a few minutes of Lynn on Hochanda TV on Thursday and she's a blinkin' natural! Well done Lynn :)
So, here's my snippets card:
- 5.75" x 5.75" square white card blank, tent style
patterned backing paper from LOTV's 'Up,Up and Away' paper pad, I cut into a fresh sheet for that layer - whimper! Trimmed it to just a smidgen smaller than the card front but didn't glue it in place just yet
- next I used a snippet strip of bright pink card to make a slightly wider band for across the centre of the main patterned sheet and punched one edge using a Martha Stewart 'Cherish' punch before gluing a snippet strip of gingham patterned paper across the band
- then I glued the band in place across the patterned paper and trimmed it flush at either side once dry, just using scissors and cutting from the back to ensure a straight edge. Only then did I glue the whole panel onto the card front
- next I die cut the 'Love' word using a snippet of bright pink card and an Impressions Obsession's 'Love' die
- that gave me a guide for whereabouts on the snippet of the clouds backing paper I needed to stamp the image - which I stamped using Ranger 'Archival Black' ink and an Impression Obsession stamp called 'Girl Swinging'. That cloud paper is so precious now that LOTV no longer produce paper pads, I wasn't gonna take any chances!
- then trimmed the cloud/image layer and stuck the 'Love' die cut along the top and the left hand side
- stuck the image layer onto a backing of bright pink card and added it to the card front using thin sticky pads. Probably stating the obvious here but when doing this, if you have a thicker layer such as the punched band I have across the card, make sure you don't add sticky pads where they will sit on the slightly raised layer, otherwise your image could look a bit 'bulged'
- added three round black Josy Rose nail heads to the image panel and bright pink round and heart shaped Josy Rose nail heads at opposite corners of the card front
I really love this stamp, it sums up the Playground perfectly and is very likely to feature on some of the little cards I enclose with prizes. Best to whisper that really as Parsnip is likely to be a touch sensitive if he feels he's been supplanted in any way!
And the 'Love' die is likely to be a favourite here too, I really do love it! I've seen the girl swinging stamp used with trees and branches but (partly as I wanted this week's prize to have two items in it) I thought the little girl swinging underneath the heart shaped letter 'O' would fit nicely - as if she's swinging from it :)
Quelle surprise! This week's prize is, as usual, linked to my snippets make - it's an Impression Obsession 'Girl Swinging' wood mounted stamp and an Impression Obsession 'Love' die - just like I used above:
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week as usual and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 11th June. The gates will open again at
midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. If you're only interested in either the stamp or the die then please feel free to say so and if you win I'd do a further draw for whichever item you don't want. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking,
it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Wishing you all a lovely week, I hope you haven't run too wild and I'll be around to see your entries very soon!
Di and, of course, Parsnip the 'Super Hero', guarding things for me - as well as selling Linby's autograph on the sly!!