This is my snippets card, deliberately kept clean and fresh:
- 5" x 7" white card blank, tent style
- a snippet of silver holographic card for the backing 'frame'
- a snippet of white card (and my white snippets just seem to grow rather than decrease in volume!), stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a favourite wood mounted Penny Black stamp called 'Santa's hat'
- coloured the image using Pro markers
- embossed the image panel using a new die by Sheena Douglass called 'Frosty Ice Border', bought after seeing it on Liz's blog and also featuring it as a weekly pick
- added the word 'joy' using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from the Personal Impressions 'Many Greetings' set
- trimmed the embossed image to size and adhered it to the silver layer
- tickled here and there using a clear Wink of Stella brush pen - the fur, the area that the hedgie is standing on and a few touches around the embossed border
- final touch - shiny silver Josy Rose round nail heads in each corner
Let's move straight onto the weekly picks:
We have one new playmate this week:
Welcome to the playground Donna and I do hope you come back to play again soon.
Drum roll for this week's winner of a Memory Box 'Grand Merry Christmas Script' die and a Penny Black 'Snow Family' stamp:
Time now for the prize for this coming week - it's a Penny Black 'Santa's hat' wood mounted stamp and/or a Sheena Douglass 'Frosty Ice Border' embossing folder of course. Rubbish photo of the prize, especially the folder as one side is black (makes it easier to spot the right way up though) and what's great is that it's a generous size, 5" x 7":
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 12th December. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
Maximum of three entries and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Do say if you only want one or other part of the prize (the stamp or the embossing folder) but both are up for grabs as one prize of course and will only be split if the first name out only wants one or other of the items, in which case I'll do a second draw for the other part of the prize. And please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
I certainly wish it was a lot longer than three weeks until Christmas, have had a little setback here and rest, rest and more rest seems to be the best that can be offered right now.
Have a good week! I certainly hope mine improves - unable to craft at all so apart from Tuesday's Cuttlebug Mania DT card absolutely nothing is made or written up. Well, I lie, there is a card made which would be good for next Sunday's snippets post - even though that wasn't the initial plan. But, so long as I'm at home I'll be keeping tabs on the Playground so do come and play :-)
Di and of course, Parsnip!