In fact, Mrs A said to use Autumn colours in your butterfly (eek plural colours and singular butterfly?). Dumbo here might have misinterpreted 'cos I have several single coloured butterflies - the idea behind this card is that it's meant to depict the butterflies as Autumn leaves - tee, hee :)
- white DL card blank
- a plain orange piece of card from the snippets folder as a backing
- the background was me going
- more snippets of orange/yellow were used to punch out the three butterflies (using a SU punch) before running them through an embossing folder called 'Bon Jour' by Couture Creations. The folder has a leaf pattern on, so that was my nod to continuing the idea of the butterflies looking like Autumn leaves :)
- once on the card they looked a bit odd without bodies, so I grabbed a snippet of gold mirri card and die cut three bodies using a Memory Box 'Isabella' die
- final touch - gold sequins tumbling down with the leafy butterflies. The sequins were die cut using a snippet of mirri gold card and a really useful die made by MFT Die-Namics called 'Sequins'
Right, a quick gallop through this week's picks:
That's the picks for this week I'm afraid. Things are busy here and it does take an age to do this weekly post, so I hope you won't mind it being shorter than usual. I have thought about changing the format but haven't reached a decision yet.
One thing I have noticed, and I've just checked again, as a result of last weeks picks only a total of four additional comments were left for the 'picked' snippets makes. I know it doesn't mean you don't go to visit but it does make me wonder if it would be just as easy to allow you to use the thumbnails in Mr Linky - without my intervention and the lengthy time it takes me each week to draw up the list of picks, whittle it down and then write and link into this post.
Anyhow, maybe there will be some feedback from you? I'm open to suggestions.
And now for the winner of the Papermania stamps set, glitter and ribbons:
And this coming week's prize:
Yup, it's a die cut set the same as the one I used today - MFT Die-Namics 'Sequins'. As I already said, these are great dieswith several sizes of plain and embossed sequin cuts which can be used on either mirri or plain card to perfectly compliment the rest of your creation.
As usual, the Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 4th October and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' or 'Yes please' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.
Important note - last week I had problems as peeps had forgotten to say 'No thanks' to the prize on offer. I'm not sure how to address this but it caused me quite a bit of extra work so, for now, unless you positively say 'Yes please' then I'll have to assume that you don't want to be in the prize draw. Of course feel free to say no thanks just to reinforce things :)
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Have a great week!
Di (and the usual happy wave from Parsnip of course)