Tuesday 29 July 2014

Let's go camping

As a kid I totally adored 'playing tents'. Back garden in Summer and indoors in Winter. I seem to recall that the 'tents' always incorporated one of those large wooden drying/airing horses/racks and a mixture of blankets :) The image on my card for today took me right back to those days, even though Annabel's tent is much smarter :) This image comes with the LOTV 'Here comes Annabel' pre-coloured Art Pad and, as I wrote here the other day, isn't available as a stamp at the moment. Here's the card I made:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- pre-coloured image from LOTV's 'Here comes Annabel' Art Pad, die cut using a Spellbinders Hexagonal die with the bottom pointed section chopped off - mounted onto SU's 'Crisp Cantaloupe' backing

- the card was topped with SU's 'Crisp Cantaloupe' and then a piece of DP from Papermania's Capsule Collection 'Sunshine' paper pack

- the sentiment is from SU's 'A Word for You' set, stamped using Memento 'Grey Flannel' ink then punched using SU's 'Word Window' before being layered onto a split SU 'Modern Label', punched from SU's 'Crisp Cantaloupe'

- the flourish was die cut using a snippet of green card and Cheery Lyn's 'Mini Fanciful Flourish' die

- the flowers were die cut using Poppy Stamps 'Small Hydrangea Blooms', three layers per flower, and a little crystal dome popped in the centre of each

And now Annabel is going to pop her head back inside the tent and sit quietly in the dark cuddling Patch the dog - byeeeeeeeee :)

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. What a cutie Annabel is, and I love the image of her in a tent! I love that spray of beautiful bitty flowers too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We used to go on holiday a lot in a tent and when I was younger I loved it. I need a good bed, warmth and no rain and, if possible, room service that is my idea of heaven!
    Beautiful card, love the papers you've used and I've been thinking about getting one of those leaf dies - something to think about - you are so good doing three layers for each flower!
    Have fun in the sun and on the swings Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww...this card is so adorable. Annabelle is a sweetheart! She looks pretty happy in her tent.
    hope there are not any visits from bears at her holiday park!

    Little Miss C, my two daughters and their girlfriend are at Ironman Whistler, BC. They rented a townhouse (thank goodness as there was some talk of taking the tent trailer...and they had three bears in their garden right beside their hot tub!
    Little Miss C and my daughters girlfriend were competing...they couldn't get out of the house! When the bears finally left they saw a fourth one down the road...and her friend had to bike through that country! Oh my!

    Methinks Annabelle is much safer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely card Di, such a cuttie that Annabel. Very lovely those layered flowers. Cute card.
    Love'n hugs Veerle xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that image and the way you've cut it out with that shape which fits it nicely. We always used to make tents with the clothes horse too - I wonder if kids today do the same (can't make a tent with a tumble dryer!!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so sweet Di and had me reminiscing about the tents and dens that my Sis and I used to make...happy days!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to love playing in tents in the garden too! Love Annabel she reminds me a lot of my childhood! I grew up with 2 brothers so did a lot of boyish playing like climbing trees just like Annabel :-D
    Gorgeous card you've made I absolutely love red spotty paper!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am SOOO with you on the playing tents thing!

    GREAT card Di.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Di, I loved camping as a kid and still do now, although I've not been in way too long! The card is adorable and the story too :)

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a cute card Di! I love LOTV lol huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful is your card Di and all of the detail added is stunning l agree Camping is brilliant fun indoors or out x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm enjoying all this wealth of pretty & sweet cards this evening. Another cute LOTV image, and how cute you've made Annabel with all the extra additions you've added on this red dotted card. The little flower flourish was a nice contrast to draw the eye up from the cute shaped image too. WTGo. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh what a sweet card, Di!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.