My snippets card today is a really quick and easy one, I spotted the original design over on Bev's blog. Bev is the owner of Uniko, I love her stamps and dies and this is what I made:
- 4" x 6" white card blank, tent style
- a snippet of yellow card, split across the centre and glued onto the card front to leave a white panel showing
- snippets of orange and green card onto which I stamped a gerbera flower and a leaf using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and stamps from Uniko's 'Pure Florals: Gerbera' clear stamp set. I love that with this set comes with outlines of the leaves and flowers as I used here as well as solids (which you can ink up of course and then the outlines are left clear to show the backing card you used)
- next I fussy cut round the flower head and the leaf, then used a black Whispers brush marker to run round the outside edge where I might have trimmed a bit too close. Don't do this with a Pro marker though as it will most probably 'bleed'
- next I worked out where I wanted the sentiment to sit and, using the Misti, lined up and stamped both parts of the sentiment from the set. I did a little practice on a piece of paper to be 100% sure I had it straight :)
- then glued the leaf and flower head in place and called it done
I do have the matching dies for this stamp set, but for this particular card I wanted to trim close to the edge of the flower and leaf rather than leave a white border round the edge. It's therapeutic and quite easy to fussy cut round these images and I rarely use the dies.
Let's move straight onto this week's peek at the picks:
Wow, I got a bit carried away there and showed eight picks. Mostly as I'd written a lot of this post during the week and was sitting here waiting for 11am on Saturday morning so I could do the prize draw before pressing publish.
We had two new Playmates this week:
Sending a huge and happy 'Hello' to our new Playmates - hope to see you back again!
Time now for the prize draw for the Lawn Fawn 'Hedgehugs' stamps and matching dies and the winner is:
I'm so pleased to finally see Alice's entry chosen by Mr Random as a winner. She's been playing most weeks since February last year and is often in our Peek at the Picks (this week again in fact!) so it was about time for her first win!
Can you please email me your address Alice (my email address is on my sidebar to the right) and I'll make sure your little 'hedgehugs' are wrapped up all cosy and posted to you ASAP.
Now for this coming week's prize, as if you hadn't guessed:
I didn't get the matching dies to offer as part of the prize though. As I said, I rarely use mine and am not totally convinced I did the right thing when I bought my own set a good while ago.
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 23rd April. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Hope you have a lovely week and I look forward to seeing you in the Playground - here's hoping for more sunshine. Parsnip is impatiently waiting to climb into his dungarees and do a bit of painting. I've warned him to leave wet paint notices wherever he's been working - no guarantees though so there will be rags and turps/paint remover at the side of the gate for you to clean yourself up after playing!
Di and, of course, Parsnip