I've posted cards which I enclose with Playground prizes here using this same stamp previously, recently I ran out and had to make some more. I varied the design this time - and must say that the Misti was brilliant for stamping repeats in the batch baking session.
Parsnip the Peril had to feature needless to say - and I made the cards in two different colourways:
- 3.5" x 3.5" pink and blue pearlescent card blanks
- snippets of white card, trimmed to 3.25" x 3.25" square
- the little bear stamp was free with Craft Stamper magazine and the 'hugs' sentiment stamp is from the Paper Smooches 'Sentiment Sampler' set
- I just popped the piece of card into the corner of the Misti and added a magnet to keep it in place before positioning the un-inked stamps just where I want them to stamp, face downwards onto the little square of white card
- then I closed the Misti lid and it picked up both stamps from the card - so they were now sitting just where I wanted them on the inside of the lid
- I stamped the image and sentiment in one go, using Ranger 'Black Archival' ink
- then repeated the process for all nine of the remaining pieces of white card- only once did I need to re-stamp (one of Parsnip's ears came out a bit faint). Wow, the Misti really is one good piece of kit!
- next I coloured the images using Twinkling H2O's for the flower, a pale pink Whispers marker for inside the ears, and a black fine liner for the nose
- that left the lines on the flower, the flower centre and the little heart to be finished off - for those I used the utterly fabulous Signo sparkly pens that Sarn had us all raving about over HERE. Gold on the blue cards and silver on the pink ones :)
- then I punched opposite corners away using a punch/emboss punch made by XCut
- then glued the image panel onto the card black using Collall All Purpose glue
I've had the punch for years and years and although it's very well made I do question the design of it as, unlike many punches, it's really difficult to 'feel' or see when the corner is properly set in place ready to punch - I totally wrecked two finished images (yup, there were 12 to begin with) and had to do a little bit of trimming on others. It doesn't have a definite V-shape that you can see, unlike more recent punches - a bit soul destroying after doing a fair bit of work painting and colouring :(
Another item for the bin I fear :(