Tuesday 26 April 2016

Cuttlebug Mania Challenge - 'Butterflies'

Time for another fortnightly challenge over at Cuttlebug Mania - and this time the theme is 'Butterflies' - one or more is fine. It was my turn to choose the theme.

You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine for Cuttlebug Mania entries (it doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all manual please. Then make your entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any die cutting/embossing.

Our sponsor is Crafty Individuals and you can see the fabulous butterfly stamps they'll be giving to the winner over on the Cuttlebug Challenge blog.

This is the card I made:

I used:

- 5.5" x 4.25" white card blank

- a snippet of teal card as a narrow 'frame', glued onto the card front

- white card stock, embossed using a Craft Concepts folder called 'Dandelion Whisper', trimmed and glued into the teal layer. First outing for the folder, which I've had for a while now

- snippets of teal card in different shades from light to dark, die cut using Frantic Stampers 'Petite Butterflies' plate

- the plate die cuts eight (3 sizes) butterflies in one go, complete with bodies which you can use singly or layer up. I think they would be great fun in really wild colours mixed like hot pink, lime and tango orange for example

- I layered some of them up and left some single, using Glossy Accents and a cocktail stick before gluing them onto the card front and flicking the wings up

A really quick and fairly CAS Cuttlebug Mania DT make from me this time but it was fun playing with the butterfly die cuts and I can see this die being used a lot more.

Sigh, it was on offer at a third off so I tried to get one as a Playground prize, no luck though - they emailed a couple of days later saying they only had one available :( More annoyingly, they did the same with a lovely Christmas die I also bought and wanted one the same for the Playground toy box. I suspect they were trying to clear out their Frantic Stampers old stock. That's a pet gripe of mine when stockists don't have real-time stock levels shown - some of the smallest sellers can do it so why not the big boys?!

Grump over, hops down from soap box.

Why not make a snippets card covering both Snippets and the Cuttlebug Mania challenge? I'll be watching with interest :)

Di
x

19 comments:

  1. A lovely card Di and I bet you did find it difficult keeping the secret from Mrs A! I've got a similar EB which I've never used (shame on me) as I've never known what to do with it - I now know how to make a great card with it!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty card Di, that EF is lovely and doesn't need much else. I agree about realtime stock, I mean two days later, ? really not good . Great idea to combine both challenges....will see if I can.....xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a really super design and card Di.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant use of the embossing folder which really cries out for butterflies to flutter by - well done for combining this one with the butterfly challenge as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely - do like that background texture

    Crafty hugs Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant card Di, love it. Those butterflies are fabulous and look super with the embossed background. I agree they'd look good in multicolours (and maybe vellum?)

    I know what you mean about some of these shops - there's a couple I know of that have sale stuff that have been out of stock for months but they don't bother to update their pages.

    ps. I got my package this morning - huge thanks xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Di it's so pretty:))) lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Di the butterflies look at home with the embossing folder

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the butterflies against the crisp embossing. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok. You can untie Parsnip now and take the gag off his mouth!! Poor little chap must have been busting a gut to let the secret out of the bag. Actually how did Len manage to contain you too!! This is loverly Di. Those butterflies are perfect and that embossing folder. I'm pretty sure I have one similar. Pause just for one second.......... Yep just checked my 'all things flowers drawer' and indeedy I have one and the same. thankyou for fluttering by and this this you 2 goes into the draw. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Di. I'll take a look at the challenge and enter later in the week.

    Hugs,
    Em x

    ReplyDelete
  12. So so pretty butterflies and the embossed background is a beauty too. Simple and really elegant Di. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, this dandelion EF is just perfect to create a texture and a pretty scenery for your lovely butterflies! Great CAS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The butterflies look great on that embossing folder. A really pretty card. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely butterflies against gorgeous embossing, love the folder. Super card Di.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Playing catch up . . . great embossing folder and lovely butterflies. What's not to like?

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the colour and the gorgeous EF, like the different sizes of the butterflies.
    Hope you escaped the dreadful hail storms today.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Di...I always wonder why I buy embossing folders like this (and never use them) and you have just given me the answer...thank you. This is very pretty, love your little butterflies on the background. not played recently...mojo gone awol and life getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the little butterflies Di, what a great die. And the embossed background is fab x


    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.