Friday 1 April 2016

April Quick Cards Made Easy magazine

The April (Issue 151) edition of Quick Cards Made Easy magazine will be hitting the shelves right now, in fact my guess is that it will already have done so. My subscription copy came last week by post - and the 'pop-up box cards kit' free gift is great!

I've made pop-up boxes from scratch and thoroughly enjoying doing so - but I know a few folk who are wary of trying this style of card, thinking them too daunting.

If that's you - take a peek at a pop-up box card I whipped up using the kit in no time at all, sticking more or less to one of the suggested designs:
I just stuck with the bits and pieces that came with the kit to make this and here's the cover sheet from the kit packet:
Apart from scissors and glue (although I used red line tape instead of glue) absolutely everything you need is included. Four little boxes, just ready for you to fold and tape one small side section, four themed die-cut sheets (I had pieces left over from the sheet I used) four matching envelopes and an acetate sheet for the fluttering die-cut embellishments (my packet had two acetate sheets in - but one is enough).

It's a great free gift and instructions are included in the magazine itself. I have no links to QCME magazine, just thought I'd like to share.

I know that lots of you have made these boxes yourselves, I've featured some real beauties in the Snippets Playground weekly picks, but perhaps this will tempt anyone who hasn't yet had a try. Plus you get the magazine to read as well!

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. A friend shared a photo of all the boxes she'd made from it on Facebook yesterday - all four boxes made on the day she received her mag and, like yours, all looking beautiful. I'll have to put the mag on my shopping list for this weekend.
    I think QCME has the best gifts - the lovely embossing folder and sentiment stamps that I use so often came with one of last year's issues. I keep thinking about subscribing but the thing that puts me off is the title! It makes it sound as if it's aimed at absolute beginners, doesn't it?
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great project Di - I'll look out for the magazine when I go into town later!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like yet another tempting freebie so maybe I should avoid the newsagents LOL. This is a very pretty version of the pop up card

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - that's a GREAT free gift. You've made a very pretty box card there Di.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really pretty Di and love those butterflies, and a great gift with the magazine. I'm not sure I would do one of these from scratch though as I am not good with accuracy. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very sweet popup box and lovely design, too, with the shapes of the box faces. I love this magazine, but to have it I must ordered it, add plus 3€ for postage and wait it almost 15th days... :( so the new number of magazine is still on the go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't opened my kit yet, so it's great to see how yours turned out, which is fabulous by the way. Cara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome pop-up box, Di! LOVE those butterflies. How great is it to get the four boxes included in the magazine, along with all those fun embellishments. So cool! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice shape, lovely colours.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, and I haven't made one in ages! You may have inspired me to make one sooner than I thought :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.