But, Spike the hedgehog is back in town - coming out each evening to feed. In fact, we don't think he hibernated properly over the Winter months as every now and then he would come to eat and drink. Len keeps the feeding bowl of dry food underneath a low garden table - and the bowl itself is also covered with a leverable lid of 'Len the Inventor's' making. Would you believe that Spike nudges the lid up to eat and then it pops back down in place when he's finished :)
This is my snippets card for today, inspired by the return of Spike:
- 4" x 5.5" white card blank
- a snippet of patterned paper from LOTV's 'Country Gent' paper pad for the backing layer
- snippets of white card onto which I stamped the little hedgies and heart using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and the super-cute Lawn Fawn 'Hedgehugs' stamp set
- coloured the hedgies and heart using Whispers marker pens then die cut them using the matching set of dies
- glued the hedgies and heart onto a circle of white card, die cut from a snippet using a Tonic circle die, then added the little sprigs of grass using the fine end of a green Whispers marker
- the sentiment was stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and then die cut with a Spellbinders 'Nested Pennants' die
- then just glued the image and the sentiment onto the card front
I do love these sweet little hedgies, the little lady hedgie even has an eyelash - and I gave her a bit of a blush on her cheek as well :) Needless to say I first spotted this set being used on one of your blogs - I really should keep a note of where I see new ideas/goodies :(
I have mixed feelings about dies which cut round an image leaving a white border - but in this case I think it's needed due to the hedgie spines - and of course popping them onto a white background helps as well. If only I'd centred them properly so it doesn't look as if the lady hedgie is backing off the circle. But, the pennant IS straight - flipping camera again!
Let's move straight onto this week's peek at the picks:
We had four new Playmates this week::
A really big welcome to our new Playmates - hope to see you back again!
Time now for the prize draw for the wonderful selection of celebration goodies, kindly donated by Jules. And the winner of the bumper prize is:
Jules was sweet enough to also send me the same selection for my very own use and I'll be having a play as soon as possible here :)
Now for this coming week's prize:
The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 16th April. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
A maximum of ONE entry and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. The prize is both the hedgie stamps and matching dies, obviously I won't be splitting them. Please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Hope you have a lovely week and I look forward to seeing you in the Playground - psssst, I actually know where the secret supply of hooch is but I turned a blind eye :) Besides, I don't like little bears tittle-tattling when he finds out your secrets!
Di and, of course, Parsnip (who means well really)!