Friday 10 April 2015

Merry Monday #153 - Angels/cherubs

The current challenge over at Merry Monday is 'Angels/cherubs' and this is the inspiration:
 
What a little cutie! As it was a sunny day here and I wanted to go out to play in the garden, I stuck to LOTV pre-coloured images rather than spend ages colouring what ended up as three identical cards:
Such a shame, I was almost rolling round on the floor here trying to get the camera to pick up the fabulous glitter effect on the backing card - this is the best I could manage, sigh:
I used:

- 6" square white card blank

- the beautiful and quite subtly (think of Wink of Stella) glittered backing paper is from First Edition's 'Gilded Winter' paper pad

- the pre-coloured angel image is from LOTV's Set 16 'Christmas Angels' Art Pad. I trimmed it to a square then punched each corner with a Woodware fancy corner punch before layering it onto a slightly larger square of Christmas green card stock

- the sentiment is from the Personal Impressions ''Many Greetings' set, stamped using Brilliance 'Pearlescent Thyme' ink

- to finish off the image I then added some touches of gold Wink of Stella to the stars  (including a few in the angel's head dress) and they match the glittering on the backing paper so well - and also went over the wings with clear Wink of Stella

- the ivy was die cut from more of the Christmas green card stock using Joanna Sheen's 'Ivy Corner' die and just snipped down

- final touch, three green Josy Rose nail heads in the bottom left corner

Ha! We finally have sunshine and I'm sitting here making Christmas cards :)

Di
x

19 comments:

  1. Stunning Di I love the gorgeous image and ivy!
    Teehee there's never a bad time to make xmas cards :-P xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super sweet card, Di! I just have to get an angel card made for MM--thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Di, love the sweet image.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww . . .that is one super cute and angelic Christmas card Di . . . and you have THREE of them!

    Happy Friday.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The angel is so cute with the wreath around her head and love the added touch of the die-cut leaves! Thanks for playing Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your cute Christmas angel Di and the pretty shimmer you have given her which complements the equally lovely shimmer in the background. Beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card Di - I'd just posted mine before I realised I'd used the same angel although mine was an upcycled card!
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so sweet!! The sparkle is all this precious card needed to make it special! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh this is a beautiful card Di! I love that sweet little angle, the sparkle and shimmer is all she needed to make this a beautiful card! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Di,

    What a gorgeous card! I can definitely see the sparkle so you did a great job with whatever "angle" you took the photo!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is gorgous Di. You're angel is so sweet and I love the shimmer of the backing paper xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Adorable little angel card, Di. Glitter is notoriously difficult to photograph!! Thank you for your lovely prayerful and supportive comments during my hospital stay. I am so happy to be home now, and my recovery is going well, but will take time. I have a load of lovely messages to reply to! Please keep an eye on my blogs for further updates as and when I am able to do them.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable card Di, and I can picture you rolling round the floor lol. Good job tho, I can see the shimmer! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful angel....beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card, Di. The angel image is pretty and the background paper is beautiful. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful image and a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is an adorable angel and you created a beautiful card with it, Di, despite the sunshine calling to you. Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this angel image. So sweet! Thank you for joining us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like how you added the touches of Wink of Stella to the pre-colored image. It really makes the image. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.