Wednesday 15 April 2015

Sheltering Tree - Take One

Recently I bought SU's 'Sheltering Tree' stamp set - and at the weekend I found time to have a little play:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- snippet of SU's 'Smoky Slate' card stock, cut just slightly smaller than the card and then run through the Cuttlebug with Die'Sire's 'Swirl Corner' embossing folder

- a snippet of 'Annabelle's Meadow' paper from Wild Rose Studio's paper pack

- the image was made up using stamps from SU's 'Sheltering Tree' set and mostly Tim Holtz Distress Markers. Using the brilliant Fiskars 'Compact Stamp Press', first I stamped the grass using 'Mowed Lawn', next the tree trunk and branches using 'Gathered Twigs' - followed by the blossom using firstly 'Victorian Velvet' and then 'Picked Raspberry'

- I then added the swing by colouring the stamp using a Whispers Black marker - the jury is still out on this one to be honest as I think the swing looks much too chunky. It could be the marker I used (maybe an ink pad would be better) - or I pressed too firmly on the stamp press. OR, it's just made that way :( I need to have a play with ink pads when time allows - failing that it would be easy enough just to draw a swing using a fine liner

- the sentiment also comes with the set, stamped using Memento 'London Fog'

- finally I die cut the image using a Lil'Inkers 'Stitched Rectangle' die and just stuck the whole card together using Collall All Purpose Glue

Job done - and I think this card would be fine as a sympathy card or to wish someone well who is under the weather. I still need to work on that swing stamp though!

Di
x

26 comments:

  1. A really lovely card. The patterned paper is perfect with the image. Just beautiful! ( I think the swing looks fine. :-) ) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this polymer stamps but they can be tricky with how much pressure to put on them. I love your flowering tree that makes me look forward to cherry blossoms and other gifts of spring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty card Di and I adore that Die'Sire EF with those gorgeous swirls down the side and the bottom which complement your image so beautifully. Love that WRS paper too. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty backing paper is perfect against the flowering cherry tree. Love how you have built the picture up. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card using that lovely stamp set

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely card Di - I love the colours you've used.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous Di, i love the delicate colours.
    Veerle x

    ReplyDelete
  8. BRILLIANT card . . . great layout design. Think you're being harsh on yourself about the thickness of the swing!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clever use of background paper to match your tree...a very pretty card. As for the swing...it's made of rustic log and nautical rope! lol.......it's fine!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...beautiful....love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tree!! Oh I love it! That paper is just perfect with it too!
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Di, it's beautiful! I love how you've used the paper to compliment the design xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty card Di, love the image, so pretty, and the backing paper, lovely!
    Hugs Jacee
    Simply Paper Card Design

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgous card Di. Love that image and I think your swing is fine xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is totally stunning, fabulous image, colours and layout, and love the background papers the mowed lawn made me chuckle, as I immediately thought "well no wonder there are no photo's of the tent as it wouldn't go up as the tree was in the way"

    Kath x
    Yes I know it was the colour

    ReplyDelete
  16. This so pretty Di, this tree set is so useful. Your backing paper is the perfect compliment too, and I love the embossing folder.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Think this card looks fab, Di. Wouldn't worry too much about the swing, hon, it's fine. Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is beautiful Miss. Woss wrong with the swing? Looks fine and dandy to me.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely card Di ..I love this stamp set and your swing looks fine

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty card Di - the background paper goes perfectly with the stamp. Mind you I'm surprised you find time to play as I thought you would be fully occupied with the tent!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so lovely, Di! I have a similar set - may be that one? - and so I'm loving the inspiration! See, I love that pp behind it, but would never think to do it myself. It adds so much interest, as does the embossing. She says, tapping her forehead to try and get it to sink in!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card Di! Isn't this set so versatile?! I so love The Sheltering Tree set, although I haven't tried the swing yet. Will play with it next time. Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like this!!! And I like that you used this set. I used it once in spring colors with tiny hearts glued into the tree.... ever since they I think of it as a Valentine set and is so obviously ISN'T. Thank you for making me see the light!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card Di. I love all the layers of stamping. A good choice of BP to go with the image too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Absolutely beautiful. That pp is so perfect with the image.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.